Went to my Dream Doctor

So to begin, my surgery was covered by insurance...

So to begin, my surgery was covered by insurance and the process of getting them to accept insurance as payment was a painful 4 month process. I feel as if they didn't want to be bothered to actually help me to get them paid. I got hairline advancement for head contouring, brow lift, rhinoplasty, lip lift, and my jaw and chin contouring. Basically my face has always been asymmetrical but it looks even more so now. My nose is absolutely the worst I have ever seen coming from this doctor. It is bulbous and crooked. The bridge is noticeably closer to my left eye and the tip is closer to my right. This effect gives my nose the impression that it is curved off to the left of my face. I feel completely deformed still five months into my recover. This is very far from where my expectations were. I'm going to let the rest of my face be right now because I just can't take too much more surgery but I have already been looking at who there is to do my revision rhinoplasty next summer and at the one year mark I will for sure be getting this horrible nose re done.

I don't know if he was having a bad day or if I was just resented for having insurance instead of cash.

Others' opinions

Trans friends of mine have seen my results and ruled out Dr Spiegel as a choice on their list of surgeons and one who even had a date scheduled, cancelled even though she couldn't get the deposit back. It's really depressing knowing the issues aren't just in my head and that others see them too. Glad though my friend made a better informed choice I guess.
Dr Spiegel

Dr Spiegel before the surgery was very short and rushed. He had better bedside manner when I returned for a follow up a few months later but he also was training some new people and I was coming upset about my nose so I don't know if that had anything to do with his changes demeanor.