I made a mistake with Jeffrey

So to begin, my surgery was covered by insurance...

So to begin, my surgery was covered by insurance and the process of getting them to accept insurance as payment was a painful 4 month process. I feel as if they didn't want to be bothered to actually help me to get them paid. I got hairline advancement for head contouring, brow lift, rhinoplasty, lip lift, and my jaw and chin contouring. Basically my face has always been asymmetrical but it looks even more so now. My nose is absolutely the worst I have ever seen coming from this doctor. It is bulbous and crooked. The bridge is noticeably closer to my left eye and the tip is closer to my right. This effect gives my nose the impression that it is curved off to the left of my face. I feel completely deformed still five months into my recover. This is very far from where my expectations were. I'm going to let the rest of my face be right now because I just can't take too much more surgery but I have already been looking at who there is to do my revision rhinoplasty next summer and at the one year mark I will for sure be getting this horrible nose re done.

I don't know if he was having a bad day or if I was just resented for having insurance instead of cash.

Others' opinions

Trans friends of mine have seen my results and ruled out Dr Spiegel as a choice on their list of surgeons and one who even had a date scheduled, cancelled even though she couldn't get the deposit back. It's really depressing knowing the issues aren't just in my head and that others see them too. Glad though my friend made a better informed choice I guess.

Upcoming talk

I've had several consultations with other rhinoplasty surgeons and FFS surgeons. All of them agree that I would be a candidate for revision. I still do want to talk to Dr Spiegel once more and ask of him to be honest about what he could still achieve for me. He did accomplish some improvements and I hope to feel more confident after some more work being done.

Seeking revision elsewhere

So after months of dealing with this traumatic experience I've decided to seek help elsewhere. I followed up again with this doctor and he checked off basically a list of all the issues I brought up and said he'd fix them. The problem is he also said over and over how beautiful I looked when I was there to tell him I feel like I don't look very good after what you did to my face. He was dismissive but somehow also wanted to fix things? He said his team would get back to me within the week to schedule and that was almost two months ago. They obviously don't care if they made me happy. They got their money and they are done. In talks with Harrison Lee and Jordan Deschamps-Braly. Hopefully one of them can fix this mess.

Photos

Before and after timeline
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr Spiegel before the surgery was a bit rushed. My friends noticed this too. He had better bedside manner when I returned for a follow up a few months later. Here's the thing. I think Dr. Spiegel is maybe too nice and compliments too much. He tries to make you feel better about what's happening because it's really not that good. The work he did seemed less focused on addressing my face as a whole instead of individual procedures. Almost a year later most of my healing has passed and I feel worse about my face than before my surgery. I look a little more feminine but all I can see now is the issues I had pointed out before surgery which didn't really change. He botched my hairline scar and I can't wear my hair without my bangs covering it and sometimes filling in with eyebrow pencil. My nose is more crooked after also in combination with my forehead being higher on one side has made my face look a bit odd. I hope that in my next follow up. know I am having revision surgery. I can't live like this. He ruined my face. Stay far away.