Two Weeks post op

I am about one week out from my surgery. It was...

I am about one week out from my surgery. It was much more painful than I thought it would be, but I'm very pleased with the results so far.

I am looking forward to shopping or clothes to be a fun experience again.

I'm two weeks out now and feeling sooooo much...

I'm two weeks out now and feeling sooooo much better. That first week was a killer! I had convinced myself I was going to be like some of the ladies on this site that recovered quickly, but it didn't work out that way. I will post some photos since the nice people at Real Self walked me through how to do this. These photos were taken the night before surgery and at week one.

So to put these photos in context:
When I had my consult back in June I weighed about 122-124. I tried to put on 10 lbs as my doctor advised by the day of my surgery and I made it to about 131. When I got home from surgery I weighed 145!! So this photo is me at about 140 lbs. I'll post again in a few weeks when my weight stabalizes. Today I'm 15 days out and 135 lbs

I am much older than most of the ladies on this site- I'm in my mid 50s. I worried a lot about what to tell my kids, especially my daughter. On the one hand I didn't want her to think that I think looks are so important but on the other hand I wanted to model a 'if you don't like something - change it" mentality and I did not like my behind for years. Not being able to wear clothes and especially pants because my behind was so flat and having to have everything taken in was just a bummer.(no pun intended!) I'm not sure how to handle things with my sons. What do others think about this?
Boston Plastic Surgeon

I saw Dr Del Vecchio in the summer of 2012. I thought about this procedure for a long time before I took the plunge. I was nervous when I discovered that Dr DelVecchio did not use drains, as most people on this site report having drains for a week post-op. I consulted with another PS and he didn't insert drains either. Dr DelVecchio was confident that he could get a good cosmetic result even though I needed to gain weight first because I didn't have a lot of fat to transfer. The other PS seemed to spend a lot of time tempering my expectations and seemed more worried about whether I would have enough fat to get a good result. My surgeon was very encouraging and spent a great deal of time discussing the procedure and what to expect. The personnel ine hospital were friendly and supportive.