Still Red/Purple Eleven Days After V-Beam Laser Treatment - Boston, MA

I had two red spots on the bridge of my nose, one...

I had two red spots on the bridge of my nose, one on the tip of my nose, and a couple on each cheek. I went to a doctor affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital. I did my homework. I had a consultation, and a few weeks later one treatment. I was told that there would be bruising for ten days. It's now been eleven days, and although the swelling and most of the purple have dissipated, the treated areas are very red or pink. On my right cheek there's an outlined, pink area--as if the laser gave me a port wine stain! I look far worse than I did before the treatment. Needless to say, I am concerned and disappointed. Has anyone else had similar results? I'm hoping that my healing time is just going to be slower than that of the average patient.

Much Improved

After six or seven weeks, most of the treated areas look very good. I imagine that I am one of those people who take longer to heal than most. I am so relieved. This website was helpful.
Boston Dermatologic Surgeon

Both he and his staff seemed very professional.