30 Y/o, Two Kids & Massive Weight Loss - Boise, ID

My surgeon suggested getting the Fleur De Lis...

My surgeon suggested getting the Fleur De Lis incision to remove more skin from above my belly button and that it would give me a more desirable result than just the traditional cut across. I get to keep my belly buttom (yay!) there is no muscle repair, since insurance is paying for this. I've been overweight & morbidly obese since I was 3 years old, so there's no way my skin was going to "snap back". I am looking forward to being able to exercise without the pannus in the way, wearing shirts that are form fitting and shorter and not having to hide the weird bulge in my lower abdomen. My upper abdomen is a smaller roll of skin, and I have skin rolls on the side higher up which I don't think the surgery will fix, but that's ok. I will post before and afters when the surgery is complete :)

Update 3 weeks out today

I'm feeling much better. It's rough not being able to do everything for yourself and having to rely on other people, but I managed :) The anxiety after surgery was really hard on me, I'm not sure why. I also pulled some muscles in my neck from walking hunched over the first few days. Overall, I'm extremely happy with my results and my surgeon said my muscles were barely separated, yay!

almost 4 weeks out

I went to the gym today and did light cardio on the exercise bike. It felt good not to be stagnant lol I got a little light headed, but adjusted intensity accordingly. Swelling has gone down considerably.

I can't take it anymore.

My incision has healed nicely with no complications in that area. However, shortly after surgery I was very lightheaded. Like I was just going to fall over all of the time. I would get dizzy and clammy in the stores just trying to walk. My doctor thought it was because I was anemic so I started iron, my iron is fine but the problems still persist.
I have had this persistent pressure in my neck, top of my head, forehead and behind my nose since the surgery. I am at my wits end trying to feel normal again. Nobody knows what is wrong nor do they seem to care. My doctor thought maybe it was my neck from hunching over for a long period so he sent me to physical therapy. That didn't help either. He prescribed Valium which I use sparingly because I do not want to become dependent on something to feel normal again. It does seem to either help or make me not care for a few hours. Whenever I try to do more than ten minutes of cardio the room spins and I feel like I'm going to faint. This all started right after surgery so it has to be linked somehow. I've had a holter monitor and an echocardiogram which came back fine.
My quality of life has greatly diminished and I'm on the verge of giving up. I hate feeling like this. I hate feeling hopeless. I just want this to end.
I remember the operation room being extremely cold and I woke up shivering badly.
My binder was on so tight I think it cut my circulation off. I went home about an hour or so after I woke up. I stood up to go to the bathroom and my temperature dropped to 94 degrees. I thought I was for sure going to hit the floor.
I don't know what to do or think. I wish I had never gotten this surgery done feeling the way I do now.
Linsey Etherington

I couldn't find much information about her online, so I hope this helps people in the Boise area. She takes her time with patients, is very knowledgeable and has great bed side manner. I am almost two weeks out from my FDL Panniculectomy, and am pleased with the results so far. I did not have muscle repair or lipo, but the fat is something I can continue to work on with diet and exercise. From the side, I have no bulge of stomach so it looks like I may have gotten lucky in that department :)