If You Live out of State DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR - Colombia

Dr Amaya was very nice at first. I went to visit...

Dr Amaya was very nice at first. I went to visit him twice before deciding to have surgery with him. I went for scar correction surgery. He told me he could do some lipo and inject the fat into the buttocks and fix my belly button as a package deal. I agreed. The scar came out nice. very thin and low. The fat injection was a waste of time. It all absorbed and I only have 4 very visible (not hidden in the crease) scars on the buttocks to show for it. The liposuction was way too aggressive which left me swollen, black and blue and with hardened tissue (fibrosis) on the right side of the abdomen. My lymph nodes were so swollen that I couldn't walk or return to work for a month. I had to call a therapist to do lymphatic drainage massages everyday. I sent Dr. Amaya pictures of me and it looked so bad that he thought I had an infection and prescribed antibiotics. I ended up going to a local Dr. in my home country. He did blood work and found I did not have an infection. He said all the skin discoloration and swelling was due to aggressive liposuction. Finally, when all the swelling went down, I was left with a completely flat stomach with a bulge of hardened tissue on the right side and a stretched belly button due to all the pressure from the swelling. My belly button is just a scar with an indention posing as a belly button. So basically my stomach looks deformed. I wrote Dr. Amaya over and over again. He just kept asking for pictures. I sent them. He asked for more and more pictures. He said he couldn't see the issue. So I took a flight to Colombia to visit him personally. After the exam he said it was nothing some aggressive massages and ultrasound would not fix. After $2000 of massages and ultrasound sessions. I am still left with the fibrosis and ugly belly button. I continued to write Dr. Amaya. He ignored my emails for several months. I continued writing and calling his office. Finally, he responded and asked for guess what....more pictures!!! I sent pictures then he asked for videos and pretended as if he didn't know what I was talking about as if he did not see the issues in person and recommended treatment which cost me over $2000 with no results. We went on like this for a year and a half. Until I got tired.
I guess that was the point. He would go back and forth asking for pictures until I gave up.

Point is, do not go abroad for surgery trying to save money. My aftercare cost almost as much as the surgery and I am still left with the issues that only another surgery can fix. So it was not worth going to Dr. Felipe Amaya at all. It was a waste of money but more importantly the emotional stress that this has caused. You want a Dr. who cares about the outcome of his work, his name and you as a patient. Not one who you are nothing more than a URL address and cash.
Colombia Plastic Surgeon

Good at first. But if you are not happy with the results he doesn't care!