36 Year Old, No Kids, 34A to 34D

I have been wanting a breast augmentation since I...

I have been wanting a breast augmentation since I hit puberty. Like so many other people, finances were an issue, but it was more the need to find a doctor that I was comfortable with and being ready to change by body. I am so glad that I finally had it done and just wish I had found Dr. Broadway at BodEvolve sooner.
Denver Plastic Surgeon

I visited doctors when I lived in Phoenix, but I didn't feel comfortable with any of them. Then I met Dr. Broadway. He was referred to me by a coworker who had a breast augmentation done two years before by him. As soon as I met with Dr. Broadway I knew he was the right doctor for me. His staff is so welcoming when you talk to them and I never felt like I was bothering them. They were always happy to answer any questions that I had and allowed me to schedule an extra appointment to try on sizes before my surgery to be sure I was comfortable with the size. As for Dr Broadway, he's great. Really. Every time I met with him he answered all of my questions and I never felt like he was in a rush to get to another patient (which I felt in other offices). He thoroughly explains the procedure and any possible complications, which is comforting. Dr. Broadway is also very specific with the sizes that he is willing to use based on your body type and size. I really liked this. I liked that he wasn't a doctor who just wanted my money. He really wants his patients to have a positive experience and to be happy with the outcome. In addition, the surgery center is located in the same building as his office and had more certifications than other operating rooms. The surgery staff is amazing! The nurses are so nice and comforting. The anesthesiologist was great and also took time to explain his process. I cannot say enough things about Dr. Broadway and his entire office and surgery staff. They are professional, caring, and they all seem to want their patients to have a positive experience and a happy outcome. I have already recommend him to a friend and will continue to recommend him. As for specifics on my procedure, I had 450 cc, Sientra textured, gummy bear implants in the tear drop shape. The incision was under the breasts. For the first two to three days after the procedure, I needed assistance sitting up and laying down. The pain was definitely present, but I have to admit that it wasn't as intense as I thought it was going to be. For me, the pressure was the most noticeable feeling that I had. I did keep the prescribed medication in me and stayed on the schedule that Dr. Broadway recommended. I think it's really important to talk openly with your doctor about the medications he is prescribing to you and why. It's also important for the person who is caring for you afterwards to know what they need to do. I also ate every time I took the pain medication, so I never experienced nausea. The only time I felt light headed after the procedure was if I stayed upright for too long the first day after the procedure. I had the procedure done on a Wednesday morning and returned to work on the following Monday. I wish that I would have had one more day, but it wasn't too bad that day. I was still on some mild pain pills (extra strength Tylenol) and kept food and fluid in me. The incisions healed wonderfully. I received a call from the surgery center the day after my procedure to check in on me and I asked them about the suture coverings. The nurse told me to keep the coverings on as long I could, but also told me that I could take the coverings off if I needed to. I took the coverings off about four days after the procedure and just kept them clean. My sutures have healed wonderfully and I didn't have any complications with the sutures or any part of the augmentation. Because I had the textured implants I didn't have to have draining tubes and I was instructed to not message my new implants. I know this may vary by doctors, but Dr. Broadway explained to me why these two common things were not needed and I am so happy. Recommendations: - Find a doctor that is willing to take the time to sit with you and answer all of your questions and listen to any concerns that you have. - Understand that most doctors won't guarantee what cup size you'll end up with. This is because cup size depends on where you're shopping for a bra. Just like everyone size 6 can't fit into a size 6 at Express, not every cup size is created equal. Make your cc decision based on the doctor's recommendation and what you feel comfortable with. - Again, talk with your doctor about the medication needed before and after the procedure to be sure you understand why you are taking something and how often it is needed. - Plan on being off work for at least five days. Like I said, if I could have taken a week off I would have. - Wear a button up top the day of the procedure and have some comfortable clothes to wear after. I went out and purchased a few button up tops to sleep in and that were made out of a really lightweight and soft cotton. - Wash your hair the day before the procedure or morning of (if you're allowed to) because you won't want to do it for a day or two after the procedure. - Have some light food around that you can eat lying down with your pain medication so you don't get nausea. I never felt like a heavy meal when I took my pain meds and I didn't want to feel uncomfortable from being too full (trust me, the pressure of the bandeau you have to wear is enough), so I would eat 1/2 a sandwich or something. - Have a water bottle with a straw that you can keep by you while you're healing. Preferably something that doesn't leak. I would get thirsty in the middle of the night, so having that next to me stopped me from waking up the person taking care of me. - You will likely have to wear a bandeau for a few weeks after the procedure, so be sure you have work clothes that covers it up and clothes that will fit your new chest.