Gastric Sleeve Hard with Food Breakup - Boca Raton, FL

I was sleeved 12/11/15. I had a rough time for the...

I was sleeved 12/11/15. I had a rough time for the first few months with my breakup with food lol. It's been 5 1/2 months and I've only lost 50 lbs. I had a very bad wreck in 2006 and have health issues which limit my exercise abilities. On the upside I don't have alot of loose skin from rapid weight loss. It's still a learning process. Good luck to you all on your journey!

6 month check up

I went for my check up and the Dr says everything is good. I have officially lost 53.4 lbs. My weight at the hospital before surgery was 247.6 and my weight today was 194.2. At 5'10" that's pretty good. I feel so much better and I can get around much better. I'll update a pic when I reach 190. Wish me luck! Good luck to all of you! This is a tough journey but well worth it.

Hair Loss

To anyone preparing for bariatric surgery and concerned about hair loss. I wish someone would have given me this advise. Get Biotin 10,000 mcg softgels and start taking them as early as possible. After 5 months of losing handfuls of hair every day the pharmacist told me to use this. Good luck to all!

7 month post sleeve update

It has been a long 7 months. I had too many regrets after my sleeve. My breakup with food was very rough! Today I'm feeling much more positive. I've lost 65 lbs since surgery, down 101 from my heaviest. I can buy clothes from the ladies dept now not from the plus dept. I'm feeling so healthy and I have so much more mobility. I actually went to Disney for the first time in my life. Congrats to all my fellow sleevers.

HELP NO appetite

Hello my fellow sleevers. I had my sleeve done 12/10/15.. I never lost my fat gal appetite even though I could no longer eat over 3 to 5 oz. Now 8 months out I have lost my appetite. When I try to eat anything it feels like I'm full. I'm forcing myself to eat a bite at a time but I'm very worried. Please help!! Any advice is appreciated.

8 months out from sleeve

I'm feeling so much better! I no longer have nagging regrets from my sleeve. I don't worship food as I once did. So to anyone in the early stages regretting your sleeve decision, be patient and in the future you'll be happy that you did. Good luck to all my fellow sleevers, keep up the good work!
Boca Raton Bariatric Surgeon