No Pain. Totally Worth It - Blackheath, GB

I used to weigh 20 stone, lost 7 stone and had an...

I used to weigh 20 stone, lost 7 stone and had an overhang. I couldn't fit certain clothes because of my belly.
I did quite a bit of research and decided to go with Dr Matthew James due to reviews on his services, the aftercare package and also because he is a cosmetic surgeon and a plastic surgeon. My thinking was that he would be very good at his job and I was right.
About the surgery.
After reading most reviews on realself I was quite nervous about pain. I can honestly say that I have had minimal to no pain. It's more the discomfort of trying to stand up and sleep due to the pressure on the lower back.
I was on paracetamol and ibuprofen from day 3 and haven't looked back. I have experienced more pain from falling over and scratching my knee than this tummy tuck.
Thank goodness! I am on day 8 and had my dressing removed and reapplied.
My advise is to make sure you eat to heal. Eat protein, greens, good fats, oranges, fresh lemon in water, drink loads of water, I am drinking upto 5 litres per day because my body is screaming for it. Do not eat proceeded foods, salt, sauces or sugar.
Make sure to use laxatives or stool softener as your body is swelled and you do not want any further discomfort (another reason to not ear junk as it bungs you up and makes you swell).
I used a walking stick to help me for my first 2 days at home. Your back will kill you. Have bottled water next to your bed as it's easy to access and you will be drinking 3-4 bottles during the night. Try to walk around the house a little further each day. Sometimes it's overwhelming (the back pain), but it soon goes once you sit down.
Honestly, eat well to heal, drink water, take your meds. Tge tummybtuck dies not hurt at all!

Typo's

Apologies for typo's.
Dr Matthew James

Dr James is amazing. His aftercare is second to none. I would highly recommend his services.