35 Years Old with 1 Child by Emergency C Section - Body Now Ruined! From the UK.

I'm 35 years old and have always been a size 10-12...

I'm 35 years old and have always been a size 10-12. I've never had an athletes body or a six pack but overall I've always been content with my body. That was up until I gave birth to my baby last year. I'm now under my pre pregnancy weight but cannot shift this apron of skin fat left around my stomach. It's just awful and plays on my mind every single day. I have had to change the way I dress which now consists of baggy tops and dresses to hide in and cover up!
My little one is now 18 months and for 12 months of that I've been considering having a tt with muscle repair (about 3 inches). I've been on a rollacoaster journey thinking 'should I do this' 'am I being selfish' 'should I be putting myself at risk' etc but decided that my little boy deserved a happy confident mommy and I deserved to feel me again! I started my research at the beginning of the year (this site has been great) and met with my consultant in May. I agreed to loose a further 7lbs before surgery (which I did) and booked it in for 14th August 2015.
Between meeting my consultant and the op date I just kept myself really busy! I'm now 3 days post op so will post some before and after picks and write how the op went in more detail.

Before photos

I'm 5ft 5 inches tall and weigh 11 stone (154 lbs or 70kg). I wear a UK size 12-14 but it has to be baggy around my stomach. Hate these photos..!!

photos..

Before and after photos..

The before is the morning before surgery and the after is 4 days post op.. swollen but still much much better! ;-)

check up and more photos

If anybody is out there and looking at my review, here are a few more photos - 10 days post op. My consultant is pleased with my progress.
5 hrs after my tummy tuck, i developed an internal bleed so had to go back to theatre for a 2nd op. This hematoma was on my left side where there seems to be a little more bruising and where I am still wearing a drainage bag. I had to stay in hospital for 3 nights and on the 4th day before i came home my drains were removed. The following day I noticed my left side was oozing so I popped back to hospital (luckily it is only 10 mins away) where they checked me over and put a drainage bag on.
Today, im 11 days post op and there doesn't seem to be any fluid in the bag so im hopeful it can be removed this week.
Despite the scare of having to be taken back to theatre and re - opened, i am very pleased with my overall result. I've seen my consultant around 5 times since my tt 11 days ago and really pleased with his level of care - I would certainly recommend him.
I was really worried about the amount of pain I would be in but I have to say the pain has been negligible - it's more uncomfortable than painful. The only thing that really upsets me at the moment is that I can't play or pick up or cuddle my 18 month old! He understands that mommy has a 'poorly tummy' and keeps a distance from me.. which is even more upsetting! Roll on 4 weeks post op when I can get back to a normal routine with him and feel like I'm being a proper mommy again.

3 weeks post op

I'm now just over 3 weeks post op (photos are 3 weeks). I still have swelling above my hips creating love handles and swelling on my mons. Other than that I'm doing really well and healing nicely. I'm soooo glad I went through with the operation - I feel like me again now! I have 1 more week off work (I took 4 weeks off) but really don't feel like I could go back yet. I still get tired during the day and I'm suffering with back ache. If you are debating on whether to get this done I would definitely recommend it!! My advice would be to choose your surgeon wisely, get down (or as close to) a bmi of 25 or your ideal weight and be realistic on what can be achieved.
Dr Garth Oliver Titley