Turning 60 Yrs Old Getting Divorced Needed Fresh Start!! - Birmingham, AL

I got married the week of my 20th birthday in 1976...

I got married the week of my 20th birthday in 1976. Two years ago, after 38 years of marriage and three children, I discovered that my husband was having an affair. He had misplaced his cell phone and asked me to help him find it. I found it and for the first time ever I looked at his calls and texts. What I saw would change my life forever. My husband, the father of my children, the man I had trusted and loved was texting with a woman from his running club and they were making fun of me, calling me names and laughing about my weight. It turns out that my husband had been leading a double life for years, cheating on me with this disgusting woman.
To say that I was crushed is the understatement of the century. Crushed, shocked, stunned, heartbroken, humiliated, completely devastated - there are simply no words.
That was in February 2014. By February 2016, I had filed for divorce and moved myself and my 86 year old mother to Birmingham. Our youngest daughter had gotten engaged last fall and was planning to marry in late May. As happy as I was for her, I really dreaded shopping for my "Mother of the Bride Dress." I dreaded seeing my soon to be "ex husband." and having our family put on display during such a painful time. But my sweet daughter deserved to have a nice wedding and her special day. I knew I had to do something. I enrolled in a weight loss program and started walking in the neighborhood. I was losing weight and that was great but I wanted to do more.
So I made an appointment with Dr. Schaffer at Hedden Plastic Surgery Center in early April. I had a "Tummy Tuck" and liposuction done giving me just enough time to recuperate and be ready for the wedding at the end of May.
I have been so pleased with the results! Along with the weight loss ( about 30 lbs.) I look like I have a whole different body now. I have gone down several dress sizes and my clothes fit so well. What a gigantic boost of confidence it has given me! And I feel so much better too!
Two weeks ago, my daughter was married in a lovely ceremony. Of course, my almost Ex was there. And guess what? Poor guy has put on at least as much weight as I have lost! He's not been doing so well since we split up. His "friendship" with his running club tramp ended pretty much immediately after I discovered the affair. Sad of course, but I didn't choose any of this he did.
So in the next few weeks I will turn 60 and early in July, the day that is our 40th anniversary will come and go, uncelebrated. The divorce should be final sometime in late July. My sweet daughters are throwing me a birthday garden party which I am looking forward to so much! My beautiful little 5 & 6 year old granddaughters will be there!
Attractiveness and good looks are not everything. I truly believe that the most important thing is what a person is like inside. But a woman's self esteem is a very important thing and appearance definitely figures in on that.At a time in my life when I really needed it, improving my appearance was definitely a good choice for me.
I appreciate Dr Schaffer so much for a great job that he did. Everyone at Hedden has been so kind and helpful.to me. I had a very good experience there and would recommend it to anyone who chooses to have plastic surgery.
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon