Had Tummy Tuck and Breast Reduction 7 Months Ago. Not Happy with Results - Birmingham, AL

Not happy with results 7 months after tummy tuck....

Not happy with results 7 months after tummy tuck. Was misled by Dr. Kevin O'Brien and staff prior to surgery. Was told he would use my C-section scar and when I asked about getting lipo with the tuck, his office mgr told me that he did lipo when necessary so I thought I would get it and didn't. In addition, my left leg was numb after surgery and has been numb for 7 months. When I first noticed it, the doctor said it was probably from the nurse at the hospital giving me Demerol injections there, but after posting on this board, many doctors said he likely cut the nerve to my leg. I am happy with the size of my breasts but I still need scar revision. I'm not happy with the tummy tuck though - didn't get results anything like after pictures I was shown (really should have recommended lipo instead of tummy tuck as I didn't have any loose skin), have awful scars higher than I expected (and scars are still very hard to the touch 7 months later), and have a numb leg.
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

I had a C-section 4 years ago and have had a belly ever since and just continued to gain weight in my gut. My breast size was 38H and after breast feeding my breasts were hanging. So I went to Dr. Kevin O'Brien at Brookwood as he was recommended by friends and the consult went well. He showed me photos and all the after photos looked amazing. His office manager told me he did lipo with the surgery when necessary. And he told me he would use my C-section scar. When I went in for a follow up a few days after surgery, I asked if he did do lipo and he looked through my chart to see if he did. He then told me he did not. Once I took off bandages, I also noticed he didn't use my C-section scar, the scar was over an inch higher with a cut up so I can't wear a bikini. A few weeks later at another follow up, I could tell I didn't have the results I wanted, so I asked why he didn't do lipo with my tuck. He said it was illegal in Florida (but we are in Alabama) and told me the healing doesn't do as well when you do both. That's understandable, but I wish I was told that before surgery. I felt misled. When I told him I wasn't happy with the results, he told me to give it more time. So now 7 months after surgery, I'm still not happy - I have a large belly and really should have been directed toward Lipo INSTEAD of a tuck. But there is no recourse. He just gave me a quote for the full amount for a second surgery for lipo. No discount or anything for being unhappy with the results.