I'm Finally Sleeved - Birmingham, AL

Hello everyone. My name is Tamara, I'm 35 years...

Hello everyone. My name is Tamara, I'm 35 years old and a mother of 4. I'm currently widowed. I've struggled with my weight all my life. I've tried every diet there is to try. I've lost weight by taking diet pills and fad diets but I seem to always gain it back plus more. I've researched having wls for a couple of years but my insurance wouldn't cover it so I decided I wanted a lifestyle change and to be healthier so I opted to pay for my surgery myself. I'm currently 4 days post op and I'm excited to begin my journey.

Back to work tomorrow

Tomorrow is my one week post op and my first day back to work. I'm nervous as to how I will feel. I'm a nurse in a office setting so my job mostly involves a lot of walking. I'm still on full liquids, I actually ate some of the noodles out of my chicken noodle soup today cause I felt I needed something more. I made sure I chewed my noodles real good, so far I'm tolerating it well. I don't plan to continue that though, I'm on full liquids until next Tuesday then I can start soft foods. No one at my job knows I had this procedure except my sister who works there also. Not that its a secret just don't want to hear all the negative comments. If asked how I'm losing the weight I will say portion control and exercise which is also true. Anyone else have a hernia that had to be removed during vsg surgery? Overall I feel much better and I'm ready to get back to a normal life but I'm still taking it easy.

No more weight loss

Hello everyone. I'm 10 weeks post op gastric sleeve. I've lost 20 pounds, 5 pounds before surgery and 15 after. I haven't lost any weight in about a month. I fluctuate between 1 pound loss. Is anyone else experiencing this? I get my protein in but still having a hard time getting my liquids in. I don't eat much but my food choices aren't always the best. I really need to take this more seriously and try to eat better, exercise more and get my water in. Its so hard???? any advice would be appreciated.
Birmingham Bariatric Surgeon