Finally Made Up my Mind to Change my Life

I recently had the sleeve surgery after putting it...

I recently had the sleeve surgery after putting it off for a couple of years now. I finally decided to do the weigh ins just incase I decided to go through with it this time. My first weigh in was in March of this year and went monthly through September. After the weigh ins were done everything else went lightning quick. The surgery was scheduled and done within two weeks. I was so nervous the day of my surgery but I didn't back out. Everyone was so extremely nice and friendly that I stopped being nervous. They wanted me to walk as soon as I started to wake up but that anesthesia is no joke. My surgery was at 7 am and I was back in my room from recovery by 8:30. I basically slept the majority of that day but I wasn't in very much pain. The nausea was difficult because of the anesthesia but that was expected. By 2 am, they were having to chase me around the hospital because I was up walking and talking to everyone. I went home the next day and that's where my real journey began. The first two weeks after surgery were the hardest of my life. I felt like if I did not get a Whopper w/ Cheese from Burger King, I was gonna die!!! I craved everything that was eatable. But lucky for me, before the surgery I had completely gutted my kitchen of any unhealthy foods. I was living off broth and jello and pudding and water, and protein shakes! Sugar-free popsicles became my life saver. I was always feeling hungry, I didn't feel like drinking water! But that 3rd week which I began yesterday has been heavenly. I am able to start eating some more foods and it is not so bad. Gradually getting better. My ONLY downfall is taking these vitamins. I literally have been throwing them up every time I take them. Hopefully I will post pictures soon. Sorry I was so long winded! Good luck to those taking this journey also.
Dr Cameron Askew

Dr. Cameron Askew is a great doctor. She is very up close and personal. She will answer any questions you have. I have enjoyed our interactions thus far.