41 and Wanting to Feel Good About Self Again - Birmingham, AL

I went to see Dr Melanie Petro after reading about...

I went to see Dr Melanie Petro after reading about her online through reviews. I wanted to get filler and wanted to make sure I went to someone who knew what they were doing. First of all, let me say that Dr Petro and her office staff are amazing! Such a relaxed atmosphere and everyone makes you feel welcome.
I have suffered with cystic acne on my chin area only for about 10 years off and on and had some scarring and discoloration due to the acne. When I went to see Dr Petro for filler, I asked for her opinion on what I needed to improve my "look". She said filler would be great but she felt I should do something about the texture and discoloration on my chin area and explained the Halo laser treatment to me. She said that would improve my "look" and I could do filler later. I appreciated her honesty and went ahead with halo laser. Let me say, it totally changed the look of my chin area! I haven't felt that great about my chin area in years. I received many compliments on how good my chin looked from those who knew me. It also helps with melasma and other spots which I have as well. I want to have the halo laser treatment once per year for maintenance going forward. The pain was minimal and really only was uncomfortable during procedure.
I have since been back to Dr Petro for filler and go regularly now for my Botox injections. I cannot say enough about her and how much she helped me feel better about myself. She is not pushy and will tell you what she thinks you need and don't need. She doesn't try to "sell" you what you don't need.
Call Dr Petro, you will not be disappointed.
Birmingham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Awesome and honest doctor. Her office is gorgeous and her staff is amazing. Can't say enough about them.