32 Yo, Fit Mom, Minimal Breast Tissue, Saline 350 - Birmingham, AL

I am a 32yo mom of 3. I am very fit and have...

I am a 32yo mom of 3. I am very fit and have always had an athletic figure. I was a 32b before having kids. After breastfeeding for years, I am now a very deflated 32aa. I also have mild tuberous breasts. After much research and prayer, I've decided to get saline breast implants in the 325-350 range.

4 more days!

It's feeling more and more real as the surgery date gets closer. I'm spending time with my kids and trying to eat well and drink a ton of water.

I found out I need to travel 2 weeks post op so I'm hoping for a very smooth recovery. I am getting the exparel shot and hoping that will limit my narcotic use because they make me so sick.

I still go back and forth on size because I want a discreet look in clothes but nice naked breasts. I have such limited tissue that 375hp is the biggest I can go but I'm still leaning towards 350hp. I wear pads in a pocket bra now so I look like a b cup in clothing. Because I'm so petite, I feel like cc's should go along way. Anyway else out there with my similar body type?

One day away

Tomorrow is the big day! I go from total peace to nervous over and over again. All the what if's are hard to combat! At this point, I'm not changing my mind so I might as well just stop the questions that cause the stress because it will only make the process harder. I need to just focus on being excited about finally having breasts!

I'm still not fully decided on size but I don't think I'll know until I try on sizers one more time tomorrow. I'm between 325-350. It's very important to me that my new additions aren't super noticeable. I'd like to look similar in clothes as I do with my breast inserts in my pocket bra. I just want to truly have breasts under my bra ????.

Reality of my post breastfeeding breasts

Since completely deflating after weaning my last baby and getting back to working out, I have not felt confident to stand in the light naked in front of my spouse. He is incredible and we have a beautiful relationship. He tells me I'm the best and I believe him. Tonight I plan to show him my breasts in the light so he can fully see the difference after surgery. I'm excited to be more confident in front of him. For us, new boobs will be like icing on our already perfect cake.

Reality of my post breastfeeding breasts

Today's the day!

Speaking peace over my body! It's time!

350 hp night of surgery

They are so tight. Very swollen especially towards the arm pits. Laying on my back hurts after an hour so I've been laying for a bit and then waking around and getting out to get some food. Walking for short amounts of time seems to help. I'm also icing off and on. Really hoping all this tightness gets better each day. They look big and swollen right now. I wish I could go braless.

Correction 350 mod+

I just double checked my implant cards and he went with mod+. I'm glad he just made that decision because I wasn't sure.

Post-op appointment (exparel helping)

I had my post op at 8am. He said everything looks good but I need to wear a formed sports bra to push my boobs inward because they are wanting to go outward. Any advice on best bras that push them inward?

He said I could do anything that doesn't hurt or raise my blood pressure. He also said not to stretch anything if I feel any pain. He said I could walk and even jog in 2 weeks. Isolated weights in 3-4. He said no massaging for 2 weeks because of the risk of bleeding. I used arnica gel yesterday but he told me no gel for at least 4 days because it can increase bleeding. He said I can alternate ibuprofen and extra strength Tylenol. Also, ice sides and tops of my breasts often.

I had exparel so I'm trying to do only Tylenol and ibuprofen today. Narcotics make me sick so I'm trying to avoid them as much as possible. I'm able to lift my arms above my head as of late yesterday and this morning I just feel super engorged and bruised on the sides of my breasts. I have no visual bruising. Sleeping on my back is not comfortable but I'm using a reading pillow and a heating pad on my back. That helps.

I'm headed home to my husband and children so I'm hoping I can keep a balance of resting and also getting up some. Rest, drinking water, and loving on my family is my goal today!

Day 3

I haven't noticed many changes to the breasts. They are still so tight and swollen. I feel like I have more energy today and am just taking arnica gel, arnica tablets, and ibuprofen. The swelling is my biggest battle. I am drinking a ton of water, eating good, and continuing all my vitamins/supplements.

Any tips to reduce swelling and push breasts together? I'm mainly just wearing this sports bra but I hope to go bra shopping to find others that push the breasts more towards the center.

Let breast hurts

It feels like my left breast is so sore. I am definitely feel like my exparel wore off last night and I feel the soreness in the muscle. I barely slept due to intense back pain. I'm trying really hard to stay off narcotics but after running 2 errands and a family dinner, my left breast hurts so bad. It feels like I couldn't pick up a magazine with my left arm without it hurting. Hoping that I can sleep tonight and feel better tomorrow! Breast changes are pretty small. I'm not loving them yet because they just feel so tight. Having to trust that one day they won't look so tight.

The physical and mental battle

When I woke up this morning, I felt a bit defeated. My body hurt, boobs were tight, I was tired, not able to help my children with simple tasks, and I looked in the mirror only to see my frankenboobs. My husband came in while I was dressing and in good humor said I looked like a body builder because my boobs were so tight. He's been so supportive and he was only trying to make me laugh but in that moment I felt self conscious and wanted to hide them from him. I then started to feel like a burden because I need so much help with myself and my small children right now. I didn't regret my surgery but I just wanted to be done with this stage of this journey.

I got on this website and read another RealSelf friends review and she was expressing how hard all of this has been on her too. It felt so comforting to read her words and it reminded me that in this time of healing/transition, it truly is a battle of both the physical and the mental. I told myself going into this that I wouldn't stress over how my breasts looked post op because at least I'd have breasts now, I'd allow myself to rest, I'd trust that my breast would d&f, and I'd be patient knowing that this stage would quickly pass and I'd be back to be back to being the mom/wife I like to be. Well at 5 days post op, I'd forgotten those truths.

I'm writing all this to remind myself and others to guard our minds from negativity, comparison, and hopelessness as we allow our bodies to heal. Today I chose to think about the good in my life and the hope for better days in the future and it made all the difference!

Bras that push the breast inward

At my post op appointment Dr.Hedden suggested that I wear a bra that pushes the breasts inward because I naturally have a wider gap between my breasts. I did some research and went to VS. The manager there was super helpful and suggested the bra I'm wearing in these pics. She also told me I'm at least a 34 d cup and I was like no way. Well, she was right! I could also wear a 36 c but the band was loose. I'm sure my size will change as the swelling goes down and I d&f, but I needed something for while I heal. The bra is wireless but definitely pushes my breasts inwards. I wore it awhile and after a few hours it became uncomfortable because of my incisions so I'm going to give it a few days before wearing it again but I like the fit. I also purchased the knockout sports bra suggested by another real self friend. It has an underwire bra under the sports zip so I can't wear it until 2 weeks post op, but it definitely pushes them together! I'll post pics when it comes in!

Wireless Bra that push breast inward

10 days after

Sleeping is slowly getting better. They feel less tight except for when I first wake up and after I've been up and doing a lot. They seem to get hard when I start to feel tired. My incision is in the crease of my breast and they now feel sore as well as the outsides of my breasts. My chest muscles feel very sore like I've done a super hard chest workout. The left side is not dropping like the right. It still looks very oblong. The left side also feels like I've strained a muscle on the side. Not super painful but always there. I've only taken Motrin, arnica, and Tylenol since day 3. Yesterday I only took one dose.

Some days they feel a bit too large for my frame but I think once they d&f, I will feel better about the size. I'm trying to encourage them to come closer together but they aren't bugging. Overall, they are taking more shape and I'm very pleased!