My Jaw Implant Journey - Beverly Hills, CA

So, over the past year I've gotten well over $40k...

So, over the past year I've gotten well over $40k in plastic surgery from my go-to surgeon here in St. Pete, but he does't do jaw implants (as most plastic surgeons don't, finding out after endless days of research), whom I'll write a review on eventually, and all I have been very happy with. But, this is my review dedicated to my jaws!!! :-)

Last year I got a neck placation with my primary surgeon, it gave me the results I wanted which was to have definition in my neck- great. But it completely pulled back the skin around my jaws which I found out were "underdeveloped" now that you could see them. At the time I didn't really notice this because I was so pleased with how much better my neck looked, but after a few other surgeries I still felt like there was something not in proportion about my face. I noticed sometime in March, I had NO jaw definition whatsoever. So, I did my research (I spent the most time researching this procedure since my surgeon did not do it, knowing I had to find a new surgeon (which is extremely scary!), especially having to travel since none of them do jaw implants in Florida. And, after researching realizing this particular surgery has higher risk of complications than most (shifting, infection, etc.) I emailed and talked with the few doctors I found that did do this with somewhat good reviews, then I found Dr. Diamond in California.... We had a Skype consult and he answered all of my questions honestly, and made the suggestions he believed I'd benefit from. He initially said to do custom implants which he specializes in, but the price tag was too hefty at 25k. I ended up doing the standard implants off-shelf implants. I stayed in Beverly Hills for 5 days to heal after my surgery, the pain wasn't nearly as bad as I expected or read, but the swelling was absolutely atrocious - I unfortunately went through a deep depression after this surgery. Dr. Diamond and his nurses assured me the swelling I was going to have and did have was 100% normal. So if you do this procedure, be warned the swelling is a 12 on a scale of 1-10, and it lasts about a month, and stats pretty swollen for 2 months.....

And last but not least: always take your surgeons advice!!!!!! Dr. Diamond recommended in his first email to me a chin implant with the jaw implants for the best outcome, but I ignored his recommendation and explained I'd just had a genioplasty in February. My chin wasn't big, just pointy and a little too long for my face.. Anyway, I didn't know at the time that sometimes chin reductions are often paired with chin implants. So, initially I was not pleased at all with the outcome of my jaw implants, even after a lot of the swelling had gone down (besides the swelling, they made me look like I had a round moon face, lol), so I ended up getting a chin implant only 2 months after the jaw implants, but down here with my primary surgeon as I couldn't afford to go back up to California again. So, take your surgeons advice! If you know he's a good doctor and has good reviews, he wants what's best for you!!!! Either way, better late than never, I love the jaw implants now that I have the chin implant to go with it. Longest and craziest procedure I've had over the past couple of years, but definitely worth it!!! If I'd of known how happy I was going to be with it now, I wouldn't have had such an emotional roller coaster after getting it done, ha. :-)

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Diamond is absolutely amazing!!!!!!!! I couldn't have picked a better doctor for this procedure. Very sweet, caring, and professional. :-)