Spontaneous Forehead Reduction - Beverly Hills, CA

I always had a large forehead, but it didn't...

I always had a large forehead, but it didn't bother me much since everyone around me had the same problem. I just learned to live with it and style my hair a certain way etc. About 2 years ago I became obsessed with hiking, running, swimming and it became a problem since my hair would get wet and expose my huge recessions that I couldn't control without proper hairstyle and a gallon of hairspray. So I started looking on the Internet at hair bands, that led to hair imitating powder, then to minoxidil, to hair transplant and finally to forehead reduction. I had no idea this thing exists! Anyway, I looked up doctors online same day I found out about this thing. Since Beverly Hillswas the closest location, I chose my doctor there. I send an email about a consult and skyped with the Doctor the next day. He said I qualified for the surgery and we scheduled it for the next month.
Now about the surgery. I came in the morning, got 3 tylenols and an iv with hella fluids. Then the Dr came with a mirror and drew a line in the middle of my forehead. I said I want it higher, and after a little of negotiation we agreed on the height somewhere in between. I was taken to the OR, my iv was switched to real stuff and I was out. The time of the surgery 2 hours, total time with waiting and dressing/undressing 5.5 hours. I chose to go to the post op care center and made the right decision. Everything hurts, you can't go to the bathroom by yourself, can't turn and feel very weak. I was nauseated and couldn't eat. Nurses called the dr at the midnight to give me an anti nausea shot. After that I was ok. Extra painkillers and fluids fluids. Next day nurses washed my hair and took me back to the dr office. He looked and said he took out 3.5 cm and I was fine and sent me home.
Well, you can do whatever you want but your hair is a mess so the first week of hiding under a hat or scarf is highly recommended. After 6 days dr took my stitches out and off I went.
It's been over a month now. I have a scar, it's visible, people notice it even if they don't say anything. My forehead turned out slightly cricked, but I don't know people with perfectly straight hairlines so I take it as Drs attempt to make it look natural. There is a significant amount of hair loss. Only were the skin was detached from the scalp. I can see my skin through my hair. So be prepared. I have no idea if it's temporary or permanent so can't judge yet.
All in all, it's better than it used to be. I can live with a scar, it's a surgery after all, so just say good bye to a ponytail, other than that you have absolute freedom. Cricket hairline is better than huge forehead with resessions. Hair loss, it's your call. If you have thick hair, go for it.
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon

He is a good surgeon. If you don't expect miracles hell do everything in his power to give you what you want. Just have realistic expectations.