1) I worked with Mindy, the patient coordinator from start to finish, actually to this day...lol. She scheduled my Telephone consult with Dr Stanton in May 2016. He told me I could go either round or his new ovals, 500-600cc. he would decide when he saw me in person. I thought and prayed, and eventually booked my surgery in June for July 13. Paid $13,000 total, 9500 for butt implants and 3500 for lipo of my love handles. Mindy sent pre op instructions via email and all there was to do was stop drinking alcohol a week prior and to start vitamin c and multi vitamins 2 weeks prior. Mindy also called in my prescriptions meds to my pharmacy so i had them prior to coming to LA. I had my bags packed 2 weeks out...lol. and lastly, I traveled alone! Yes I did it, and guess what, it is absolutely doable!!! I did great....who the hell has time to take a week off of work to accompany someone to LA for surgery...??!!...lol...
2)Trip Information-Booked hotel and flight as a combo on Price-line, for Tuesday July 12 - Monday July 18, for a total of $1538. I stayed at the Ramada Plaza West Hollywood, best hotel ever. It was 1.7 miles from Stanton's office. It was a suite, had a sitting area, mini kitchenette with fridge, microwave, and mini sink, and king bed. the room was perfect, it was so clean, i had that room a mess, food everywhere, spilled Gatorade and soup, lol, and not one ant or bug in site the whole week. the housekeeping staff were my saviors..they got me ice, and brought me whatever i needed per request. the hotel had a restaurant next door that had room service 24 hours...no way right??!! and the hotel was in walking distance of CVS, starbucks, and a drug store, and many other restaurants, in the heart of West Hollywood. The room was very nice, contemporary. I requested a room away from everything, which i got, but be careful what you ask for cuz my ass also had to walk to it the rest of week after surgery...transportation from the airport to the hotel was via a shuttle, its called Shared Shuttle, a blue van, which i booked on expedia, $17 one way, can't beat that. You walk out to ground transportation and look for the blue sign/van. A cab would have been way high, and Uber doesn't pick up at LAX. You can also arrange the shuttle back to the airport if you like, for $17 from your hotel. However, I arranged for a private driver back to the airport, he had an SUV, and was reasonable. I wanted to lie down. Private message me if you need his info.
3) surgery info - Pre Op apt was 3:00 Tuesday July 12, surgery was 930 July 13, and post op was 1030 Monday July 18, also when I flew out.
4) I arrived in LA Tuesday July 12, around 130, shuttled to my hotel, first, then Ubered over to dr. Stantons office. the Uber ride one way to his office or back to my hotel was $5.15 the whole time I was there. Arrived at Pre Op appt....Walked in, was greeted by Anna, who we have all talked to via phone by this point, very sweet, and kind. I did some paperwork then Nurse Jasmine showed me to my exam room, where I changed into a gown, with open back. Dr Stanton came in minutes later, I was not kept waiting long. He was very friendly, and nice, and yes I can confirm, very good looking. He was respectful and listened to my concerns as we talked. so he measured my butt, he told me I had a square butt...lol, yes a square butt, didn't see that coming, i laughed out loud....because this was my natural butt shape, I was not even a candidate for his new ovals...and rounds were my only option...he said the new ovals were not for me at all..I was very happy because I wanted rounds from the beginning, I thought I was going to have to beg him to do rounds!!, but it all worked out. he recommended 600cc rounds!!! i was like yes Lord, show me the ass!!!! I left with instructions not to eat past midnight and to be back at 930 am the next day. I was also reminded to start the medication that night and or morning before surgery as prescribed. I later walked to CVS and filled my room with much needed items -water, gatorade, crackers, protein bars, soup, protein shakes, tuna fish, cherios cereal, and milk...i swear this CVS was a mini grocery store, it was perfect.
5) Surgery Day, Wednesday July 13, one week ago !!! woke up, took my meds, put the medicated patch behind my ear, took an Uber over to the office. Oh and i took last minute before pics at the hotel...bye bye flatt butt...lol...I wore a maxi dress, no bra, no panties, and had a small wallet for my cell and ID and cash to pay my private driver after surgery. Got there, finished paperwork. Nurse Mary was my nurse this day, she was with me from the beginning, while in surgery and after for recovery. I got to know her well..I didn't see Mindy much on this day. Nurse Mary called me back, I changed, peeed in a cup for a pregnancy test, and put my belongings in a plastic bag...I was like How the hell am I going to pee and I havn't drank since before midnight last night...lol...but I did it...LOL. Mary led me into a room, it was the pre surgery/pre-op room where i laid on the bed until it was my turn. There was a girl already there who had arrived before who was not done with surgery yet. So it was from 945 - 1105 that i laid on the bed waiting to go into surgery...this would be the time to panic right...but hell no, one of the meds i took before coming made me woozy and I really didnt care..I knew where I was but i was relaxed and calm, i talked to Mary and at one point, the anesthesiologist came in, Dr Flynn, i think, and kept me company. Nurse Mary put in my IV, she did great, it was not that bad. I went into the surgery room at 1105, I walked in and laid down…I remember laying down and looking at the clock on the wall…it was me, Mary, and the anesthesiologist at this time, then I recalled getting woozy and sleepy…they didn’t warn me before putting me out. Nurse Mary just told me to sing..and I started singing Beyonce…and then I was out…I wasn’t even in there 7 minutes I don’t think before passing out…
6) Ok now the good stuff—lol..I woke up back in a bed laying on my back, in the same room I was in pre-op, I was in recovery. Here is what I felt when I opened my eyes: Pressure, tightness, and soreness in my butt. I would not call it pain, it was just plain uncomfortable. I did my best to motion for something to help me, Nurse Mary was still there, and gave me some Percocet in my IV. I felt better and rested there for quite some time. I was not rushed out by any means. I know this was a concern by some girls, but this was not my experience. To give you a timeline, I went into surgery around 1105 and didn’t walk out of the office until 330..so I had plenty of time to come to and relax. The more I lay there, the more better I felt and more lucid I became. I didn’t have anyone with me day of surgery. Mary called the driver for me an he came to get me. The first time I tried to get up and into the wheel chair to leave, Mary and my drive friend assisted me. I was not able to do it my first attempt, I had to lie back down..again I was not rushed at all, I was clearly taking my time. Mary told me to lie down some more. I was able to get into the wheel chair a few minutes later…when my ass hit the chair, again, it was unlike nothing I have felt before. so much pressure and soreness…Mary had to tell me to use my legs to stand up, cuz I was scared to stand on them…so I was wheel chaired to the truck my driver had. I don’t’ even know how I got up and into the back seat..I do recall having to pull myself with my hands and slide myself across the seat. I laid on a pillow on my stomach back to the hotel. The hotel had a wheel chair!! Thank god, another reason to stay here, my driver was able to push me back to my room versus me walk, I was so grateful. Got to my room, popped 2 Percocets, and slept the rest of the day. I somehow paid the driver and I guess he left..lol..
7) so this was part 1 of my review, leading up to right after the surgery. I will post the rest in an update later. I’m tired…lol….been standing up typing this, lol.!!.