Restylane in Eye Trough, Voluma in Cheeks. Beverly Hills, CA

I have high cheekbones, full cheeks and large...

I have high cheekbones, full cheeks and large prominent eyes. As I have started to age, my heavy cheeks are being pulled down by gravity causing the skin around my eye to be pulled down, thinning it out and creating dark circles and bags. It was really starting to affect my confidence so I started researching what I could do. The first doctor I met with suggested a full fat transfer at a cost of I think $10,000 to $12,000. I wasn't ready to spend that much money or commit to something permanent. Then I started googling and found a video on YouTube of Dr. Emer performing filler injections to the eye trough. I knew that was the answer and he was only 2.5 hours from me. It took a few weeks to secure an appointment due to his popularity, but it was worth it. Once I arrived at the office, I was brought back within 5 minutes. Photographs were taken, Dr. Emer gave me a couple of choices of how to attack my issues, one being less expensive than the other. I choose the more expensive option because I wanted the best results possible, money aside. The procedure it's self was almost painless. Dr. Emer and his lovely assistant worked in tandem. Dr. Emer would work on one side, while his assistant held ice on the other side. The only discomfort was a pinch when he inserted a little needle with some sort of little plastic cup on it. Then he would push the flexible cannula into that. While he inserted the canulla he would "tap, tap" on your skin so you wouldn't feel the sensation, but honestly, it didn't hurt at all. I felt an odd sensation of pressure from time to time, but the slight pain was only those initial pinches from the little needle which I assume acts much like an IV where they use the needle to get the plastic, flexible tube in. My right eye had no bruising at all. Unfortunately, I had an odd network of blood veins on the other side that decided to misbehave and bruise. Dr. Emer was very disappointed and apologetic over the slight bruising and promised to figure out how to avoid it on me in the future. He was much more disappointed about that then me because he's a prefectionist and he tries to do the procedure with no bruising at all. I want to say the whole procedure of adding Voluma to my cheeks and Restylane Silk to my eye troughs took 45 minutes, but I really didn't have a sense of time. After the procedure, he had me hold ice on my face for about 10 minutes, then more pictures were taken and a follow up appointment was set for four weeks. Dr. Emer said r would save my leftover Restylane Silk in case I needed any additional at my post op. Overall, it was a quick, mostly painless procedure and the process from check in to walking back out the door was done professionally and seamlessly. I highly recommend the procedure and Dr. Emer.

Today, I have slight soreness on the bruised side and the only other issue I had was a tick in my eye about an hour after the surgery lasting about 15 minutes. I put pressure on it with my finger and it went away and has not returned. The results are phenomenal and dramatic. I love them!
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon

I love Dr. Emer and his entire staff! They are so kind and positive. Dr. Emer has all the latest, cutting edge technology and is a perfectionist. I was surprised by how little pain I felt because he used cannulas instead of needles.