Neck Lift and Lower Facelift - Beverly Hills, CA

I had a turkey neck and beginning jowls forming. ...

I had a turkey neck and beginning jowls forming. My face and skin are youthful so from the front I looked late 30's, early 40's - from the side I looked at least 55. Worse than looking old it looked sloppy and inelegant. I wanted to make my neck match my face and to look - not younger, per se, but great. I want to be an attractive woman no matter what my age. AND I wanted to be able to wear mhy hair up again!

Pictures!

I wanted to add some pics - I should have put a bar across my eyes, dont exactly want the world knowing, but then again I have lurked on this site for 3 years, gathering info from all of you remarkable and generous women, so I felt I should return the favor. I did this because I am 57, in an ugly divorce with an ugly man, and understand that I will be better able to take care of myself and do better on the job market if I look my best.

Ok, here are some pics

Then i started to look better

It was stressful and scary, and i was terrified i had made a huge mistake. But i stayed hidden, faithfullu applied arnica and kept my neck wrapped for two weeks. For weeks 3 and 4 i wrapped my neck and ears at night.

A month later

My smile feels a little strange and i hate the numbness of my ears and sides of my face, it makes applying moisturizer kind of painful. But i like my profile!! No more hanging wobbly skin, and the neck is smooth. I am glad that my doc was conservative with the lipo too, i didnt want a lollipop,head. There is a pleat of skin in front of my ears, very slight, but it is supposed to go away in a couple of months. All in all, things have improved tremendously with my face.
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr Torkian is an intelligent, tasteful practitioner who respected my wishes and listened to me as we discussed the kind of outcome I wanted. In Beverly Hills it seems to me that women wear their facelifts - or any of their facial work as a badge of honor- it's simply a different aesthetic from my own. For me, it was important that I look as if I had had not a single thing done to me. I wanted to look elegant and utterly like myself, just without the horrible turkey neck I was developing. He did not suggest a bunch of extra procedures, and in fact was very specific about what he would do in my specific lift. He explained that certain aspects of the procedure (like the sewing together of the platysma muscle, something I assumed he would do) were not necessary, but other things, like a touch of lipo under the chin, were. He did both neck and lower face, smoothing out the slight jowls that were forming and ensuring that there was a natural look to the results. We discussed stitch placement, the pros and cons of where the incisions might go - everything important. I blew up like a balloon right after surgery, but his confidence in the success of this outcome kept me soothed and indeed at the end of two weeks I was looking pretty good. It has now been almost a month and I am pretty thrilled. I look about 10 years younger and there is no sign of surgery!!!!!! And by the way, the day of my surgery, he texted me his cell number and told me to call if I had ANY issues. I did not. He saw me two days later and again 10 days after that. My surgery was utterly issue-free. He did a wonderful job. He only does faces by the way, and I think that is incredibly important. Right before I left town, he did some botox on me that I had requested and then told me it was on the house. He's a great guy! Everyone who works at the Laskey clinic - everyone I dealt with in his office was lovely, helpful and genuinely happy for me.