23 Years Old Infiltrative/Morpheaform Basal Cell Carcinoma. Beverly Hills, CA

I have this mark on my nose for 4 years maybe more...

I have this mark on my nose for 4 years maybe more. It started as a tiny little red spot that would go away and come back a little bigger then it would sometimes bleed. None of my derms or GP questioned I think because of how young I was when it started (19). This last year it started turning into a whole/dent and had blood vessels running through it. After I found out it was skin cancer I freaked out. First thing I did was go on the internet which was the stupidest mistake. This very graphic and huge skin cancers on the internet are the worst cases people that have had these for a VERY LONG TIME. Even mine being an aggressive form of BCC and having it 4+ years it didn't do that much damage. But after looking on the internet I thought I was going to lose my enter left side of my nose. My experience through out all of this was stressful because of not knowing how much skin was going to be removed and internet making it seem so much worse. It took 2 stages to removed the entire tumors using Mohs and then I had a Nasal Rotation Flap and a little skin graft to fix it. DONT LOOK ON THE INTERNET IT WILL SCARE YOU SO MUCH MORE. For everyone else that has to deal with this good luck and be positive!

5 Weeks After MOHs Surgery

My nose is healing pretty good but still a long way to go.

Scar Healing Update

8 Weeks After MOHs Surgery

Recovery Update

14 Weeks after surgery

1 Year Post-Op Scar Update

It's been 1 year since I had MOH's surgery and I couldn't be happier with the results. I haven't had any scar treatment done at all, I've just been putting lotion and sunscreen on everyday.
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Dr. Chipps was amazing I was very worried about the procedure but she explained everything and made sure I was calm throughout the whole surgery.