Not Sure Why Everybody Raves About This Doctor - Beverly Hills, CA

I sought out Dr. Amron because I was unhappy with...

I sought out Dr. Amron because I was unhappy with a previous liposuction procedure which had left dents in my upper tummy and little "shelves" in my back area. During the initial consultation, I felt steamrolled by his bedside manner. He rushed the appointment and did not ask questions but rather just spoke assertively for fifteen minutes. I let many months go by before I called their office back to schedule surgery.

Self-consciousness and fatigue of obsessing over the dents and dimples for fifteen years pushed me to overcome his initial off-putting impression. When I consulted with him pre-surgery he was much more helpful and did slow down the visit to answer all my questions. I also stepped up my assertiveness knowing his previous style. At this time we decided to add laser to the liposuction for about a $5000 increase in price. He indicated that he preferred laser assist because it helped to tighten the skin, something plain tumescent liposuction doesn't accomplish. We also added my inner thighs to the suite of areas to be treated. I did not feel prepared for the rigor of the surgery. I had assumed because I needed fine tuning not volume reduction the procedure would be more gentle and refined.

Although his staff is thorough and kind, they didn't prepare me either. I wish they would have told me that it would be fast and furious and intense. That I would feel like a carcass being scraped vigorously and unapologetically. It didn't feel like he was doing any custom work. He just plunged each area quickly as if I was on an assembly line. He was aware of my distress and surprise. I quickly assessed that he's not much of a soother. I just tried to be tougher and he just tried to wrap things up as quickly/well as he could. This is my patient opinion of the procedure. Perhaps it is the status quo, but I would have liked to know exactly what he was going to do. I felt so violated tears were welling up as it went on. I'm not a wimpy gal either.

It's been many months since the procedure, I am into the window of being able to see "final results." The results are not $9900 dollar results that's for sure. My stomach still has the divots with microscopic improvements and a small new divot from removing fat over a previously uneven area. The stomach scars are still very obvious and bind the skin creating pinched spots. My back "shelves" have improved microscopically. My inner thighs have been reduced microscopically. The one thing I am pleased with is my lower inner thigh which he arbitrarily suggested for more proportion. That makes my leg look longer and indeed better proportioned from the middle thigh down. The overall experience was mediocre at best and I did not get significant improvements in my previous conditions.

I'll add that my weight is stable and perfect for my height (5'7" 135lbs). A bad decision when I was young and had college weight, was made no better by this highly acclaimed revision specialist. In retrospect, I wish I had only done my lower thigh and saved the rest of the money for other procedures like a lifetime of facials. If you are thin and looking for a detailed-oriented revisions, beware of hype and do lots of homework.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon