RE: Unethical Doctor - Beverly Hills, CA

I went to Dr Torkian on August 25, 2016 for dermal...

I went to Dr Torkian on August 25, 2016 for dermal fillers in my lateral cheeks. Dr. Torkian DID NOT mark my face BEFORE INJECTING the filler on my first visit. Instead, he told me he was going to "eye ball" the injection sites after I asked him NOT to do so.

I also asked him to used a micro-cannula to inject the filler to minimized any brushing and or nerve damage that I may experience at his hands, but I was told by Dr Torkian that a micro-cannula was NOT A GOOD INJECTION TECH FOR HIM TO USE and he use a needle to inject the filler instead.

Dr Torkian made several injections DIRECTLY into the infra orbital area of my cheeks, aka THE ALERT ZONE, that Allergan advises its practitioners NOT to do in their patients. Well trained injectors also mark off the face to prevent nerve damage to their patients.

The filler was improperly place in the left mandibular area of my cheek. Once again, I wasn't marked off as per Allergen's recommendations to its practitioners. Now, I have asymmetric jaw line, ringing in left ear and crunching noise when I chew food.

The majority of filler was wasted injected in the infra orbital areas of my face aka the Alert Zone and the sub Malar area of my cheeks and not the lateral cheeks or the ZYGOMATIC EMINENCE as per my specific request and instructions. As a result, there is a large bolus in the left infra orbital area that can be seen and felt.

By the way, DR Torkian pretended not understand the importance marking off the face BEFORE INJECTING the dermal fillers even after I insisted he mark off my face BEFORE INJECTING me on the second visit.

He laugh at me and told me my husband knew too much about dermal fillers on my second visit but it wasn't my husband who knew too much, it was ME who knew too much.

I went home and did I my research about dermal fillers, injections site placement and safety concerns after I came concern about the injection sites location.

**Ladies please educate yourself about dermal fillers. Dr. Torkian needs ethical training.
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon