Very Skilled Surgeon - Restored my Eyes

Dr. Steinsapir performed an anchor upper bleph on...

Dr. Steinsapir performed an anchor upper bleph on my eyes, which were distorted from a previous upper bleph from another doctor, over 4 years ago. The first bleph left my pretty almond eyes with an odd shape, too much eyelid platform on the outer corners , and too little eyelid platform on the inner corners (one of my eyes reminded me of a snake eye), a sunken-in look between my eyes when I smiled, my eyebrows would spread too far apart when I smiled, eyelid creases too high, and just a dull, joyless look to my eyes and face. I avoided eye contact with people or anything social the past 4 years and friends would often tell me that I didn't look like myself or asked me if I had allergies because my eyes looked funny. It was very difficult for me to look at myself in the mirror or in pictures, and I had gained alot of weight due to the depression and isolation.

A person's eyes, I believe, are the most important and unique feature we have, When a bad bleph destroys the unique shape and nuances of our eyes, everything about our face is 'off', to ourself and to others. This affects the quality of our lives in so many ways. I hope that anyone considering a bleph for the first time seriously thinks about this.

This summer I decided that I couldn't live like this any longer and I wanted to have revisional bleph surgery. After much online research, I felt that Dr. Steinsapir's answers on RealSelf made alot of sense to I had a consult with him.

The initial consult was I believe around $700. But the doctor was very thorough, took alot of pictures, reviewed my photos and recommended an anchor bleph, which would tighten the eyelid platform, making the crease appear lower and also 'tilt' the eyelashes upward, restoring the brightness to my eyes.
He also removed a very slight amount of excess fat in the inner corner of one of my eyes.
The surgery was in his office and lasted about 2 hours, with local anesthesia so I was able to open my eyes when needed. (for my first surgery I had general anesthesia, which I think contributed to how awful it turned out). Dr. Steinsapir's Nurse and Nurse Anesthesiologist were wonderful.

I spent the first three days/ two nights post surgery at Serenity in Santa Monica. Since I was traveling alone from another state, I had nobody to help care for me after the surgery. It was expensive (about $800 per night), but you were cared for 24/7 by nurses, beautiful private room with adjustable bed, transportation from the surgery, and included healthy gourmet meals. I highly recommend staying here, even for one night, if you can afford it. I believe it made a huge difference in how quickly I recovered.

Dr. Steinsapir had me return to his office the day after surgery (on a Saturday), and every other day, until the stiches were removed Day 7 after the surgery. He took pictures and did a careful examination each visit, and answered any questions.

The first few days I was pretty swollen, but pain was minimal after the third day post op. After the stitches were removed, the swelling really went down quickly. By Week 2 or 3 Post Op, I don't think anyone could tell I'd had eyelid surgery unless they looked at the scars in the crease.
I believe my scars from this bleph will be much less noticeable than the prior one.

I am now almost 4 Weeks Post Op. I recognize the eyes/face in the mirror again, for the first time in many years. Dr. Steinsapir not only restored my almond eye shape, but he was somehow able to get rid of the sunken in and spread apart look when I smiled. My eyelashes now curl upwards, like they used to, and my eyes have their sparkle again! I feel and look like me again, and there's such a peace in that.

Dr. Steinsapir 'hit it out of the ballpark'. He knew exactly what needed to be done, and had to know how to do it. I am beyond grateful. Not only did he give me back my eyes, but my confidence and my life back. Unless you have lived with bad plastic surgery, it's hard to understand this.

The only negative to report was the price and pricing process; He is expensive and it cost me every penny of my grandma's inheritance I had received a few months prior. He also recommended some filler but I couldn't afford it. But to have my eyes back is priceless to me. I can't say enough good things about this doctor's skill and conservative use of the knife.

Having Dr. S. do reconstructive eyelid surgery was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

I highly recommend this doctor for eyelid surgery. I believe he is one of the very best.

Los Angeles Oculoplastic Surgeon

Dr. Steinsapir was very thorough in the consult and follow ups. Highly skilled surgeon.