Best Decision EVER - Beverly Hills, CA

As a single woman of 55, living in Los Angeles,...

As a single woman of 55, living in Los Angeles, the land of pretty people, I found myself looking in the mirror more and more, thinking "Gosh, I look so old and tired, how can I compete with the beautiful women here in this city"...and it actually started to take a toll on my self esteem and my personality. SOOOOO, I decided I needed to take action. I started my research, watched YouTube videos on different techniques, went on a few consultations, some referrals, some just found on Yelp. But needless to say, i wasn't impressed or thrilled with any of the surgery centers I visited. I felt as if I was just another case, nobody special. Then, a friend of a friend suggested I visit Miko Surgery Center in Beverly Hills, CA. I called and made an appt. As soon as I walked in, I felt comfortable. Then as I waited for my appt, in the reception area, the TV plays the story of Dr. Michael Obeng...and his work outside Miko Surgery Center, where he spends a lot of time going to underprivileged countries helping those with extreme plastic surgery needs where he is literally changing peoples lives for the better. I was so impressed that this man goes to the ends of the world to help those who need it most. It was then I felt I was in the right place. I then met with Shannon Arman, the patient coordinator, who was so nice and helpful, answering all my questions, she goes out of her way to make a new patient feel right at home. She handled everything paperwork wise, I didn't have to do anything!! She was fabulous!! Then I finally got to meet Dr. Michael Obeng. First thing he said was, "how can I help?" This was the first dr. to actually ask me that. We then talked about me and what I wanted to do and how I was feeling. He actually made me feel like he cared and I was not just another routine case. But what really got me was what he told me he would do for me. AND THIS WAS A FIRST...out of all the consultations I had been on, he was the first to offer what he did. Out of all the YouTube videos I had watched, not one was of this technique. Most under eyelid surgery consist of cutting along the lower lash line, going in and cutting out the fat, pull the extra skin up, cut it off and stitch you up. But Dr. Obeng said he would do it from the inside of my eye I would have no scar on the outside...I had never heard of that, but it sounded great. So I made my appt. Two days before my scheduled surgery time, Shannon called and had me come in to pick up the prescriptions I would need for after the surgery, so I could get them filled and have them on hand so after my surgery so all i would need to do was go home and relax. That in itself was a lifesaver!! I arrived the day of my surgery at 6:00 AM, only to be greeted by Cherelle, Dr. Obeng's head nurse. She checked me in, got me set up in the pre-op room, she even brought me a warm blanket because it was chilly in there. The sweetest young lady ever, not to mention a experienced well trained nurse!!!! Then the anesthesiologist arrived and told me exactly what to expect before and after, he was very comforting, making sure I had no questions or concerns. Dr. Obeng came in...made sure I was ready..,and next thing you know, I was waking up! As soon as I woke up, I felt fine, no grogginess, no nausea, nothing! I felt like I just had a nice nap! Dr. Obeng came into the recovery room, said I did great, and that it was a total success...AND HE WAS RIGHT!!! It was like night and day...and the results were immediate!! All my bagginess under my eyes..GONE...the dark circles...GONE! I am still in shock. No downtime from work, and best of all, NO SIGNS OF SURGERY!! No scars!!! I get compliments daily now. Truly impressed with my results. I cannot say enough good things about this experience!! I highly suggest you visit Dr. Michael Obeng before you go anywhere else, it will be your last stop!! Did I mention he graduated from HARVARD!!! YES, HE DID!!! If you were even slightly thinking of doing any kind of cosmetic surgery, minor or must go to MIKO SURGERY CENTER!! Yes, it's in Beverly Hills, but don't let that scare of the consultations I went to was at a place in Pasadena..and their quote was HIGHER than Dr. Obeng, and I certainly didn't see any certificates from Harvard lining the walls!!! But it's not really about the cost, it's about the care and the results. And you will be happy with both!! Good luck!!!!
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon