25 Year Old Male - Orbital/malar Implants and Lower Eyelid Raising. Beverly Hills, CA

I am a 25 year old male who went to Dr. Taban...

I am a 25 year old male who went to Dr. Taban seeking cosmetic improvement of my eyes and midface. My lower eyelids were fairly droopy, especially towards the outside, with lots of "scleral show". Furthermore, my orbital rims/cheeks were hollow, giving my face a flat, drab look.

After discussing several options and the risks involved, I decided to proceed with orbital/malar implants w/midface lift, and raising of the lower eyelids through his retractor "lysis" and graft method. Each side was done separately, a week apart. I was told the operations were quite complex given that I had lots of scar tissue deep in my face from previous work done, which needed to be maneuvered around.

After several months, the result is quite symmetric, and my cheeks/orbits look much sharper and "high" in a subtle way. My lower eyelids received more millimeters of lift than what medical journals describe as typical for a canthoplexy/plasty, which is good because I desired a lot of lift. Friends are shocked I had such invasive surgery done if I tell them, on the most aesthetically "delicate" parts of the face (eyes + midface) no less, considering how natural it looks. The aesthetic improvement my face attained is profound.

I feel that Dr. Taban has a great ability to understand your personal eye/midface anatomy and really individualize your treatment. I think he's about as sure a thing as you can get when going with cosmetic eye surgery.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon