Dr. Massry Did an Amazing Job!!! - Beverly Hills, CA

In 2013 I had reconstruction surgery for eyelid...

In 2013 I had reconstruction surgery for eyelid retraction and to correct a problem I had with closing my eyes when sleeping. This surgery was performed by a reputable oculoplastic surgeon at a highly notable eye center facility. Unfortunately, the surgery left me with disfiguring ectropion. I was much worse than before surgery. For years I was ashamed to go out in public because of they way I looked. It took three long reclusive years for me to gather the nerve and confidence to go under the knife again.
After much research, I decided to consult with two different doctors in LA. (Thank goodness, I consulted with two - otherwise, I would have wasted a lot of time and money traveling this distance). The first oculoplastic surgeon I consulted was rude, arrogant and condescending and offered little to no hope in correcting my problem. I left his office feeling absolutely hopeless and afraid I would always look and feel this way. My second consult was with Dr. Guy Massry. Funny, when Dr. Massry walked into the office with his blue scrubs on I thought he was an office assistant; not just because of his attire but rather for his down-to-earth, unassuming and disarming manner. He did a thorough examination, showed me pictures of people he had successfully operated on with similar problems and discussed my chances of improvement. He would only promise me a 30% - 50% improvement. I decided I would gladly take even a 30% improvement rate. Funny, my biggest concern after scheduling a date for surgery was the fact that I lived so far away. By plane, it's easily 4-5 hours. Dr. Massry assured me he would, in his own words, "nurse me through he healing phase." He gave me his cell phone number and asked I call him anytime. Which I did. And, every phone call was promptly returned by Dr. Massry himself - not his nurse!
Well, I could go on and on about the wonderful things this doctor does for his patients, but let me finish by saying, my eyes look 75% - 100% better than before. God has truly blessed this man with tremendous skills and talent as a surgeon along with the compassion, empathy and desire to make a difference in the lives of others. Thank you, Dr. Massry! p.s. Don't tell my husband, but I think I love you! :)
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon