Think hard before implants

Dr. Hughes is a magnificent doctor. He is Harvard...

Dr. Hughes is a magnificent doctor. He is Harvard trained and knowledgable on just about every surgery you can imagine. He will not perform surgery on you if he feels that it is a necessary or if the risk (or scarring) outweigh the reward. With that being said, I've had several surgeries done by him (check my BBL review).

You need a LOT of fat to have a drastic result from a BBL. I have many friends who went to other doctors that were very disappointed with the results from their surgery. I was a difficult case, having been liposuctioned twice before and Dr. Hughes did the best job possible and gave me a lot more shape than I had. But over the course of the year much of the fat dissolved so I opted for butt implants.

I was extremely nervous about this surgery, as most doctors do not even perform it, due to high complication rates. The trick is you need to go to a doctor that knows what they are doing. You need to go to a BUTT SPECIALIST and that's what Dr Hughes is.

The surgery was definitely painful- I remember the first few days in agony saying I couldn't handle the pain but then I was prescribed a stronger painkiller and I was fine. The difference between this and the BBL is that for the first four days it felt like a very strong nerve pain down the legs. But after the first five days the recovery of it was actually much easier then the BBL for me. One of the reasons is that the BBL since your entire body is liposuctioned, everywhere is very sore and it's hard to get up and move around by yourself. By day three after getting buttock implants I was showering and walking around by myself with no help.

Everything was going fine until I left town about nine days after my surgery. On my way to the airport I got into a car accident and was impacted right on my ass. Now this complications begin (at NO fault of the Doctor).

I was in incredible pain after being hit right in the butt and a few days later strange fluids became began flushing out of me and I developed what I believe was seroma. I will spare you the details but it was absolutely terrible and lasted about three weeks. Now mind you this was not Dr. Hughes fault but he dealt with that issue anyway fearing that my implants could get infected or would have to be removed. I had to have drains put in me for over three weeks which were uncomfortable and terrible. The accident just caused so many problems, I even had to go to the emergency room at one point. I was flying back-and-forth between LA and it became a very expensive problem but I need to give kudos to Dr. Hughes and his stuff. He saw me on a Saturday and a Sunday for an emergency surgery, he answered the phone at all hours of the day and night even answered my emails on New Year's. It was frustrating to both of us to deal with the problem that neither of us created. I was devastated that I had complications and I am I'm still out of work much longer than expected. As you can imagine this took a toll on me not only physically but mentally. Dr Hughes even gave me a peptalk at one point when I was losing hope and going crazy. I'm positive that some other doctors would've turned their cheek to me and said 'screw you pay me more'. But he could tell that I was doing everything I could to recover. I know he did his best and at the end of the day, I was able to keep the implants and I made a full recovery.

I have read so many horror stories of girls getting their implants infected just out of nowhere. I had a serious trauma from a car accident and Dr Hughes was STILL able to fix the problem and give me a nice butt. The results look very natural and his scar placement make things nearly undetectable.

If it were not for that car accident I would say that it was a much easier recovery than a BBL and I probably would have been completely fine in about 3 weeks (walking, sitting normally, no pain). Developing seroma was definitely a setback but I I was still recovered within 5 weeks.

I would not hesitate to recommend anyone to Dr. Hughes for this type of surgery. It is a very complicated surgery so please do your research thoroughly and choose your doctor wisely. Ask a lot of questions and make sure you pick the right size for your frame. And the best advice I can give someone after any surgery is PATIENCE. Your body does not swell evenly, healing processes are long and your face and body can look different everyday while healing.

Also, he upgraded a new office in Beverly Hills with a great medical staff.

Best in the west!

Not worth it

I have had a complication after complication. My drain stopped functioning I went to the emergency room in the emergency room doctor stitched my whole butt crack together. I've had to walk around like that for months, and get a reconstructive surgery to have normal butt crack. Then just the week after that surgery my stitches busted open and I now have a giant wound exposed. I have had a complication after complication. My drain stop functioning I went to the emergency room in the emergency room doctor stitched my whole butt crack together. I've had to walk around like this for months, and get a reconstructive surgery to have a normal butt crack again. More time off work, more money gone. Then my stitches busted open a week after that surgery. I have a giant exposed wound where my implants were put in. Who knows of this wound will close on its own properly, if it will get infected or not. I can't live like this anymore. I can't date I can't work I can't sleep. I was a fitness instructor and a dancer. Because of all the problems I've lost my boyfriend, I've lost both of my jobs, I've lost all my money I've lost my mind and I'm about to lose my house. Getting this surgery was the worst decision I've ever made in my whole life. I've never had a bigger regret. i'm top of it being treated as a problem Client is the worst feeling in the world. I tried to do everything right- I researched my doctor I hired a nurse I rested after surgery but still just problem after problem after problem. This is my body. I'm not just a case this is my life. I'm not just a patient person and I'm not being treated that way. Whoever gets this surgery please think very hard. If you have no complications I guess everything will be fine but if you have one it will ruin your whole life.

All for what? 310CC in my ass? I'd rather.and go through anymore problems.

Fed up

I'd rather die than go through anymore problems. I can't even do anything anymore. I have three dogs and every time I bend over to feed them or take care of them I feel this would stretching open. It stings. It hurts to sit. I've cried so much but there's nothing I can do everything I've worked for in my whole life is slowly disappearing as I'm not able to do anything. It really just makes you want to sit at home and get fucked up all day and you can't even do that . Its spring break right now but I can't go on vacation, I can't go in the water. I can't wear any type pants because this window leaks fluid and I have to cover it with a dressing of gauze and tape.

Just know that if you ever have a complication during surgery, no other doctor will ever touch you. No doctor in the world is going to touch a complication that arise from surgery done by another doctor. Trust me I've tried.

So When your own doctor gives up on you you're fucked.

The BBL was a complete waste of my money, and honestly I have so many friends that get butt injections none of them had ever had any complications and here I am with complications for five months straight. My best advice to anyone is to wait until they have better technology to come out for this. I wouldn't wish this upon my worst enemy .
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon