Scheduled for Surgery!

Hi everyone! I have been a real self user for a...

Hi everyone! I have been a real self user for a couple of years. I found my previous surgeon on this site and stuck with him because of his reviews so I enjoy doing my research on here. I am interested in butt implants and found Dr. Stanton, I scheduled my consult with him and he was very informative. I had very few questions because I did a lot of research previously. I am scheduled to have my procedure done at the end of November and I am so excited! I am 5'6 and 130 lbs, I am very active and haven't been able to get any projection with working out. Dr Stanton has suggested I get 440? Ccs (if I can remember correctly) and recommended the Oval implants and after sleeping on it I thought that maybe 440 wouldn't achieve the look I'm going for. I read the stories of people getting sizes they aren't happy with because they're too "small" so I emailed Mindy and asked if this was something I can speak to the doctor about and she said yes I can, at my pre op. I'm hoping my body can hold..maybe 500 ccs! I don't want the "natural" look, I want my butt to be noticeable big but not too big. My butt has always been so flat and it makes me self conscious so I'm really depending on this surgery to lift my spirits so I can finally be happy with my body. I will be updating my posts frequently with photos and post op updates. I will also be posting what vitamins I'm taking to prepare my body for surgery (I have a list given to me by my previous rhinoplasty surgeon that helped so much that I had no bruising or swelling after my surgery) I'm a very detailed person so hopefully my journey can help others that are interested in getting it done. I'll be posting all the good and bad part of recovery! Counting down the days now!

Preparation

Hi all, I'm preparing my body for surgery as its schedule approx a month and a half away. I'm working out a few times a week as usual, focusing on strengthening my butt muscles to better hold the implant (not sure if it will make a difference). I take a multi vitamin daily, I will start taking arnica Montana, bromelain, and emergen-c immune a month before my surgery. I find that I don't bruise or swell when taking these, I also feel the vitamins help my body heal faster. I will post my before photos soon, I am so flat it's quite embarrassing :(

My photos and my wish pictures

5'6 130lbs, I have love handles but you can't see them from this angle, still deciding if I should get the Lipo or not, I wouldn't have a reason to work out anymore if everything was fixed for me!!

1 month away

I am so excited to have this surgery done! I am beyond ready to stop being self conscious about my body because of my flat bottom. Whenever I go out I typically wear long skirts/dresses (in photos) to avoid any tight fitting clothes that may show how flat I am. I do take a Multi-Vitamin (if you are looking into healing quickly or just being healthy in general, I suggest taking vitamins daily before your surgery). And also take Bromelain. It is a pineapple enzyme/anti-swelling agent that helps with soothing and relaxing your inflamed muscles and connective tissue. Last but not least, Arnica Montana -- take these AFTER your surgery for no more than 10 days, this should be used if you're getting any Lipo or fat transfer to help with the bruising. These are all things I've taken prior/or after (arnica) to my surgeries that have been recommended by my previous plastic surgeon and has actually worked. I wouldn't recommend this if it hadn't worked for me, but seriously.. preparation is key.

1 month away

I am so excited to have this surgery done! I am beyond ready to stop being self conscious about my body because of my flat bottom. Whenever I go out I typically wear long skirts/dresses (in photos) to avoid any tight fitting clothes that may show how flat I am. I do take a Multi-Vitamin (if you are looking into healing quickly or just being healthy in general, I suggest taking vitamins daily before your surgery). And also take Bromelain it is a pine apple enzyme/anti-swelling agent that helps with soothing and relaxing your inflamed muscles and connective tissue. Last but not least, Arnica Montana -- take these AFTER your surgery for no more than 10 days, this should be used if you're getting any Lipo or fat transfer to help with the bruising. These are all things I've taken prior/or after (arnica) to my surgeries that have been recommended by my previous plastic surgeon and has actually worked. I wouldn't recommend this if it hadn't worked for me, but seriously preparation is key.

Two weeks away

Hi all, my surgery is two weeks away. I've had a couple of RS reviewers tell me that they didn't see results with their procedures and it makes me worry just a little. Dr suggested that I get 440 ccs of the oval implant but I'm worried that 440 is not going to help achieve the look I want.. Yes I know that it depends on how much the body can hold. I already informed Mindy that I'd like to talk to Dr about that at my pre op. I stopped taking the multi-Vitamin due to the Vitamin E, and switched over Emergen-C. It contains a lot of the same vitamins except vitamin E. I also started taking Biotin to help with scarring. The scars I've seen on people scare me! I'm worried about getting Seroma since he doesn't use drains. I will post a selfie of my lower body, as you can see even from the side, I don't have a butt. The doctor recommended liposuction, I personally don't think I need it.. thank you to whoever suggested I do get it though, that really made me feel great lol! I was in the military..working out/health/ and fitness are a huge part of my life. I'm not trying to achieve typical Instagram model body type that's just my preference.. So far total, I have spent $9,500 for my surgery (I will pay whenever Mindy calls to take payment), the Hotel was $400 for two days stay and my flight tickets were $200 round trip. Please feel free to leave advice, especially if you've had seroma! Thank you

Just a few days away

I've had surgery before, I was really excited for that procedure as I am with this one, but I can't help but to feel kind of sad?! Or maybe even anxious? I don't know if I'm stressed out knowing I won't be able to do my daily routine or I'm just anxious because I have to travel out of the city and fly back home alone. I don't know, I'm feeling sad today! And then of course the post op depression will hit me soon after. I will give the name of the hotel and review it when I get back home but will update the day of surgery once the procedure is done. I'm hoping that the results turn out well and hoping that I heal fairly quickly so I can go back to walking and sitting without discomfort (I'm trying to go on dates so I can finally find a good man but that won't happen until I can sit in a restaurant and get to know them!) has anyone else felt somewhat sad/anxious before surgery?

Surgery is scheduled for tomorrow

Hi all. I went to my pre op today (I was late as hell due to LA traffic) the office setting is nice, lots of paperwork. Dr was informative and we decided on 500 Ccs which is "Size 3". I felt a bit out of place because maybe I was expecting a different Pre Op experience. Beverly Hills is a totally different world from what I'm used to. I touched and really felt the implants they were almost like a gummy substance. He mentioned that the implants are permanent so they do no have to be replaced in the future. I have a ton of pills to take before the surgery. I was against taking any sort of pain killer but after them repeating how much pain I'd be in I caved in and dropped another $75.00 for prescriptions so total I've spent over $250 on prescriptions. Overall, despite the hecticness and chaos I've had to deal with today I am excited to have this done and over with

Surgery DONE!

My surgery was done this morning. I work with patients all day long and I believe that everyone should be kind and have patience with people. Professionalism is very important and they made me feel like an inconvenience to them... I felt rushed. Every question I asked I got a " UH DUH" kind of response. Maybe it's just how the city is. I don't know. It was just a bad experience with the staff. ANYWAY--I don't feel very much pain and my butt looks good. I am very active so I really want to walk around and then just sleep.. my mom said that I shouldn't have let them treat me like that but honestly I was worried that they'd do something to botch my surgery out of spite if I spoke up. I will keep updating. I'm glad it's over

Photo

Here is a photo of me laying down, I already notice a difference. I purchased a 'Go Girl' it is super helpful. My mouth is extremely dry I have to drink a lot of water which means a lot of bathroom breaks!

Bruises?

I have two huge bruises on my body. One being on my front thigh and a huge one on my lower stomach. Normal?

Swelling

Last night and this morning have been the hardest. I'm swollen everywhere including my eyes and even my feet.. sleeping has been difficult!

Post Op Day 3

Took a shower last night, still very swollen. My bum is as hard as a rock as expected! I had my first BM (bowel movement) this morning and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I tried to clean myself as much as I could but decided to shower so I don't risk anything. The pain killers that were prescribed to make me throw up so all I have been able to hold down are graham crackers. My mom bought me "Arnicare" which is Arnica Montana but in bigger dosages and it really helps with the pain and stiffness. Sleeping is getting easier, Sleeping with a pillow under my head causes back aches. I will be posting pics up soon. So far the results look natural which worries me because right now I'm swollen and I'm worried I won't have the results I expected when the swelling goes away. My mother and sister in law say it looks proportioned ugh we will see!

Soreness

Aside from walking funny and not being able to sleep- the swelling has gone down a tinsy bit. Not looking forward to the plane ride back home The though of sitting down has me sick

One week post op

Hi. I'm not getting very much feedback from you guys?! Thinking of deleting this. So far the projection is not there for me, I've noticed a small difference with projection and I know that I absolutely have to be patient to see real results. Here are some pictures of me in my work out leggings (I was self conscious in work out gear which led to me getting this procedure done) I still feel flat from a side view. Full back view I am wider, the nurse at my post op said I don't have much swelling on my sides which was nice to hear. Walking is doable which is great, since my boss basically said I don't care what your doctor said, you're showing up to work. I am wearing full coverage underwear which barely fits anymore so you will see the outline with the leggings. Im trying to be patient to see results :( the whole drop and fluff will happen soon I hope

Thank you all so much for your support! I truly appreciate it. It means a lot because this journey is not easy. The plane ride back home was hell. I was crying so much due to pain. I kept dropping my stuff and thankfully people were kind enough to pick them up for me. A couple of people actually gave me Kleenex to wipe my tears, it was a terrible experience I was sweating from the pain, my back was drenched. Anyway-I tried to take some butt pics in a thong but I've never had a butt until now so the pictures aren't the best. There are still some marker streaks on my bum that Dr Stanton made the day of surgery. I can't seem to wash off the marks near my incisions because it's super sensitive. I also have a huge bruise on my butt cheek because I opened a door too hard. It bounced off the wall and the door handle basically went up my butt full force. That was great, most action I've had in months. -__- sleeping is getting harder because there's a stage of being able to move more, so you want to get comfortable, but you can't!

Video update

I decided to film a video of how my butt looks with low waist leggings, it looks smaller compared to wearing the leggings high waisted. High waisted anything will make your butt look bigger. As soon as I let shirt show my butt kind of just looks OK. As you can see some angles look better than others. My sides look bigger which is fine I guess I can look more womanly. I don't know? What do you guys think? Let me post before photos. Wait, how do I post a video?!

Video Update

Video
0:41
The original clip wasn't able to upload so here's a short clip. Please excuse The Mindy Project playing in the background.

Walking/sitting

Hi all. I've been walking a lot more now that I found a way to drive with the help of a pillow. Today was tough because my butt feels SO TIGHT. Like I have a lot of pressure making me walk funny. I couldn't help but to start stretching in the middle of the aisle at Target and I was in everyone's way but I didn't care at that point it was unbearable. after I stretched I felt a million times better. I came home and stretched for about 10 minutes and I can walk normal and my butt feels less tense but it still feels tight and under pressure. Wearing underwear or any jeans hurts so here I am at a little over a week post op and still wearing loose pajama pants because that's all I can move in.

Pics

Wearing tight pants, I never wore these pants I had loose fabric on the butt area before. Still not wearing thongs due to incisions so bikini underwear line showing

2 weeks post op

I'm able to walk fine. I jogged to the mail box today it felt weird but it wasn't bad. I can sit without a pillow and it feels fine. I can sleep on my sides but I don't sleep on my back because it feels weird. I'm pretty happy with how fast I'm healing I truly think the healing process and recovery time depends on how you take care of your body before surgery. I've read people's reviews and it seems like at 2/3 months post op people feel the way I feel now at 2 weeks. If there's crucial advice I can give you it's to watch what you eat before and after your surgery, water intake is very important and taking a daily vitamin for at least two months prior to your surgery and even after your surgery. Take bromelain and Arnica Montana after your surgery. And to those who are against Arnica saying it's not good for you.. it's a natural pain reliever that works.. anesthesia isn't good for you yet we are choosing to be under anesthesia for several hours to get this procedure done.
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon