Naval Piercing Scar Removal - Beverly Hills, CA

When I was 16 I had my naval pierced and when I...

When I was 16 I had my naval pierced and when I got pregnant with my daughter at 21 my piercing area over stretched and the piercing area became loose and wrinkly. I've always wanted to get it removed and I went to my plastic surgeon Dr. Alexander Sinclair. He was very great the whole procedure went smoothly! It was under local anesthetic and I was given something to relax before the procedure started, I'm sure after removing that area of skin my belly button will look better then before! I know I'm trading the wrinkly skin area for a little scar but I'm sure it will look much better then what it did. Will post the after picture once my stitches and tapes are removed. ( sorry I don't have any before pictures)

Weekly update!

Went to get my stitches out, I had 4-5 stiches in, the removal was slightly uncomfortable but nothing I couldn't handle. I didn't know what to expect but am very happy to say my belly button looks great!! You can't tell that I use to have a piecing or saggy skin around it. The scar is really not even that noticeble and it's barely a week later!! Also my belly looks smaller then it was before!! I am soo beyond happy and soooo glad I got this done! The doctor added new tapes to the scar to improve my healing so I will have them on for a few weeks or longer but I honestly don't mind at all. I have another appointment next week and will continue to post pictures of my recovery.

1 Week after surgery

My stitches were removed today but new tape was added to help with healing. I still don't have the before picture but will try to get it next week from my dr.

2nd post op update!

Today I had my weekly check up after the doctor cut off my stitches. What I didn't notice was that I still had some stitches in my skin but not knotted they were loose just in my skin. Today he pulled them out so now I'm completely stitch free but he added new tape. So far my scar is really barely noticeable. He says I may not even need scar healing cream because it looks so good. The nurse that helped my doctor with surgery asked to see my belly button and said " oh it looks good, it's not a sad belly button any more!" Lol yes my skin above my belly button was kind of dropping down covering a little part of the top of my belly button, and was wrinkly around the piercing hole It wasn't that that bad but it really bothered me. Anyway I go back in 2 weeks to take of my tapes and I will post new pictures then. As of now I'm still using them to help my healing. I feel 80% healed though, sometimes I get a little sharp pain if I do certain movement that require core strength but nothing major. It's really been a breeze! Will keep you guys posted! :)

Update

It's been almost a month since my surgery today is day 29, I'm still wearing tapes but put some scar cream to help with my scar healing. It's someway pink-ish on one side, in person you can see the scar line over my belly button, not that much in this picture. As of now I feel ok, with the progress I just hope my scar line really does diminish more and becomes fairly noticible. I have an appointment on Thursday so the doctor can take off my tapes and see how I'm healing. I think even if he tells me I don't have to wear the tapes I still will because I've been told they really do help reduce excess scaring. As of now tapes are my comfort lol. Will post more pictures soon!
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Sinclair is very honest, carring, friendly and simply amazing. Will continue coming to him for any nip and tuck I need.