30 Yrs Old, Happy with Butt Implants, Dr. Ryan Stanton - Beverly Hills, CA

HI there, I'm an oversea patient and wanted to...

HI there,
I'm an oversea patient and wanted to thank anyone who wrote reviews on this page and helped to find a doctor for my surgery!
I am 30yrs old and originally from Europe. I have been wanting a bigger butt since my teenage years, but in Europe it's very difficult to find an expert since it's not a very common surgery. After I researched months on the internet, I found Dr. Ryan Stanton and scheduled a phone consultation. Mindy, the patient coordinator has been totally lovely just right from the beginning and she answered all my questions. The phone consultation was very positive, even though I already read pretty much everything about butt augmentation that I could find in the internet, Dr. Stanton explained everything to me and answered all my questions.
At the beginning of sept I flew to Los Angeles and met up with the doctor to choose the right implant. He explained, that he actually prefers oval implants, but I am one of few patience where he can recommend a round implant, too. After he measured me he suggested a 400cc implant. When I had it in my hand, it looked huge, but then I remembered my breast augmentation and even thought that my 275cc implants might be too big.. And now I would"t mind if I had taken a few cc more ;) I have to say that I am quite a small person, I'm 1,73cm tall and about 55kg (now after my holiday it's probably a few kg more ;)
I didn"t want to take the oval implants, because of the 5-10% risk, that the implant might shift. As I already mentioned, I do not live in the US and I have an active lifestyle, do a lot of gymnastics and that stuff and I didn't want to worry about the implant.
At the day of the surgery I was very excited, but all of the staff was so nice and helpful and made me feel comfortable. The surgery itself was a piece of cake, since I slept like a baby ;) I woke up and was a bit in pain, since I was laying on my back side. The anaesthetist was waiting on my bed until I was fully awake and took good care of me. I then took a cab to my vacation home and pretty much layed flat on my tummy for the next 48hrs. After reading a lot of scary reviews about the recovery I was expecting much more pain than I actually had. Don"t get me wrong, it's uncomfortable and painful at times, but absolutely durable. Even though I didn"t have anyone to help me, I didn't have big issues during recovery. Small things are a little bit annoying over time, for instance, it"s difficult to dress yourself, walking was difficult too during the first 3 days and if you have something that is really really important, like your box for contact lenses - better get it twice before surgery, because if it drops on the floor you won't be able to pick it up again during the first few days. The second and third day were probably the worst, I had painful swellings in the butt and legs and could"t really walk any more. But as I said - these were only two days and with painkiller it was Ok. I would say, after the 5th day recovery drastically improved every day, I didn't have a lot of bruising anyways, but those bruisings are gone now, too and I feel great, I can"t sit down yet, but I don"t have any pain any more at all. The scar is not pretty, but well hidden and I'm sure it will fade away over time. It's just 8 days post surgery, still plenty of time.
Now the most important part - the result :)
So far, I'm pretty happy. In some ways, it's already better that I expected. For instance, the lower insides of my butt cheeks were deflated and the doctor said, that the implants might not help much against that part, but in fact, I am quite happy with the fullness in that part. The only thing is, that my butt is still very hard, but again - it's only 8 days post - I'm sure my muscle will relax more over time. Also, the implants are still a bit high, but the doctor said that they will drop within 6 months. one of my biggest fears was probably, that you might be able to feel the implant and someone can notice, but since it's under the muscle you really don't feel the implant. All in all I'm happy with the result and totally can recommend Dr. Stanton to anyone who is looking for a great surgeon :)

2 months now!

Hi there,
it's been two months now and I think it's time for an update!
The healing process went very well, after 2 weeks I was able to sit again and was more or less back to normal. My right butt cheek needed a bit longer with healing, but I have known it from my breast surgery that one side can heal quicker or slower than the other one. After 2,5 weeks I had a 20hr flight which was Ok - I mean 20hr flights are somehow always a bit annoying and my butt hurt a bit - but with or without implants, whose butt does not hurt after 20hrs? ;) After 6 weeks I went back to my exercise which included hiking, Yoga and pole dancing. I can even do a split again, my implants do not affect my activities at all, which is great! Also, they have soften up a lot. They are still firmer than a natural butt, but no comparison to week one! As the muscle softens, I can a little bit feel the implant in the lower half. However I think it's fair enough to say, that someone would not feel/ notice it, unless they knew about the surgery. Also, they do not disturb with sitting as you don't actually sit on them. The right butt cheek is still a bit higher than the left, but it has already dropped quite a fair bit and now it's almost even with the left (at times they were really uneven, so don't panic if your butt looks funny during the first weeks!).
All in all I am super happy and I am very thankful that I didn't have any complications at all. Sure it was a bit painful at some points, but durable and absolutely worth it!
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon