20 Year Old Girl Septoplasty/Rhinoplasty Los Angeles

I always hated my nose- the shape, size,...

I always hated my nose- the shape, size, stuffiness, and crookedness. Not to sound so negative, but it made me really happy to find the right Doctor and get this all done. It was painful for me- the first 3 days. I'm now doing a lot better (it's been my 4th day). Going into surgery, I was taken good care of. The experience was phenomenal but for the pain I had, which I took medicine for so I got through it fine! It does take it out of you for sure though. I was thoroughly surprised how painful it was! As long as you know that it's painful, and that your desire to fix your nose exceeds that concern I'd say do it- but I can't imagine a better place than Dr Layke

Post op day 1-4

I had my surgery July 29th- my doctor and his team were terrific and the operation was smooth and easy apparently but I woke up in pain, naturally. I would say the most pain I had was that of the first day- so I stayed in bed and barely moved. I hardly ate much at all- it just hurt too much. The doctor called me that evening to check up and make sure my pain wasn't out of the ordinary. As for day 2-3 the swelling was moderate, pain moderate, diet including more solid foods,and bruising localized to my eyes. Day 2 is when I was directed to clean a bit around the incisions, which took an hour but I got the hang of it and now it takes 15 minutes. Day 4 was when I saw swelling go down and pain lessened. I'm a fitness junkie but as much as I wanted to be active, it wiped me out to walk about for 30 minutes even 4 days out.

The Photos: the first one is hours after I got home from surgery; photos 2 & 3 are the second day; photos 4 & 5 are the third day; and photos 6 & 7 are the fourth day

Day 5

With the lessened pain, I have been taking half a pill (half a full dose) of painkillers and it has been comfortable. I forgot to mention earlier that the bleeding stopped by the day after surgery. Also, I have not gone out in public yet...the splint and discoloration on my eyelids make me too self conscious haha!

Day 5 Photo

Before Photos

Day 6

Less pain today, so I didn't take any narcotic painkillers, and it has been pleasant enough. Put on light makeup cause I'm sick of looking nappy!!! But still bruised a bit. And tired most of the day.

Cast off!! Day 10

Looking swollen but I love my results already! I'm so happy and finally comfortable with my entire face. I'm going to keep exercising light but I feel like doing my usual weights and cardio. The doc said wait a month but I can't!!
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

Very kind, humble, straightforward. He knows a lot about the nose- as he is a specialist, and he doesn't try to sell anyone on himself- it comes naturally because he's open and honest about limitations, price, expectations, and experience. I had seen 6 doctors before him on this and I felt most secure with him working on me. He didn't try to impress me or make me feel intimidated or anything, as some docs may do unfortunately. His staff is kind as well. Brittany- his patient coordinator is perfect! She was great and fast responding to my calls and emails, and kept me on track with reminding of appointments and stuff (which I need).