Upper/Lower Blepharoplasty

I am 46 years old and it was almost instant when I...

I am 46 years old and it was almost instant when I turned 40 I acquired bags. I have tried every cosmetic to cover them up and researched many blogs on various treatments; homeopathic to luxury lines, supplements, sleeping positions, eye masks, massage and absolutely nothing worked. And, truth be told, nothing will if your bags are not related to seasonal allergies and are hereditary or a gift of aging.

Based on extensive experience and research, if you have this problem, just go ahead and schedule your consult for the upper/lower blepharoplasty. And, I recommend doing the upper lids whilst doing the lowers. Not only is it more cost effective to do U/L's at the same time but, the results are incredible.This is, by far, the best thing I have done for my face! I feel so much younger and better about how I look. I love putting my makeup on and I feel ageless because I don't have the bags telling the tale. No one asks if I'm tired anymore but, I do receive a lot of compliments on my eyes because now they are the focal point of my face vs. the dreadful bags. See below photos (unretouched).
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

I first learned of Dr. Richards via a review on a plastic surgery website. The excellent reviews piqued my interest in him so I continued to explore the internet and read as much as I could about him. I even contacted a previous patient on Facebook to further discuss her experience, outcome and his follow up (all impeccable by the way). I went to his website to view his work https://cosmeticplastics.com/ and of course, read about his credentials, more reviews and viewed before/afters. The key takeaways from all of this research and effort is: his work is consistently outstanding, he is a great listener, he has a kind and gentle bedside manner, and he takes time with and seems to actually care for his patients and the outcome. But, above all, patients highlighted his carefulness in maintaining the integrity of the eye shape and I later learned that this is his ultimate goal when performing blepharoplasties. This is exactly what I wanted to hear, as I did not want to look like I had an "eye job" with the stretched, hollow look - the look where the eyelids don't touch the eyes. No, not for me! Upon meeting with Dr. Richards, I felt very comfortable. I knew he understood what was important to me and as a bonus, he advised that he would add some tissue in the hollowed out areas of my cheeks to make my face more youthful. That was a nice surprise and eliminated consideration of doing filler treatment (i.e. Restylane, Botox, etc.). The eyelid surgery went perfectly and Dr. Richards called personally to check on me. Early in my recovery, there were a couple of questions I had after hours so I called him directly on his cell and he quickly answered my questions without making me feel like I was bothering him or being ridiculous. In addition to the U/L blepharoplasty, I have used Dr. Richards for chin lipo and on September 14, I had a mommy makeover (full tummy tuck, breast lift w/implants and upper arm lipo). I am recovering well and will post reviews once fully recovered. Dr. Richards has a wonderful staff in place (specifically Joanne) who will answer any questions you have and will guide you every step of the way. I felt like a VIP there and couldn't have been treated better. I cannot recommend Dr. Franklin D. Richards enough! You can put your trust in him, as he takes your healthcare seriously. Dr. Richards is exceptional at what he does, he's kind and he will do everything possible to achieve your desired outcome.