Trying to Prevent and Maintain, Instead Disaster Happened... - Bethesda, MD

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

While I am sure the surgical team is amazing (I...

While I am sure the surgical team is amazing (I have sent two friends to Dr. Jabs and he did a great job), I had the absolute worst experience with their nurse and injectables. I was originally added to their mailing list because I was interested in the doctors, so day by day I kept getting these e-mails with "too good to be true" deals. So eventually, I caved (cheated on my beloved "Botox Doctor" and made the venture to Bethesda, Maryland). Yes, venture--it took me: a short walk to the metro, a long ride on the metro, a long ride on a bus (I ended up going the wrong way-- whoops!), so then had to get off the bus and call an Uber. I was so stressed out about being on time because I had heard such good stories of the doctors so I figured their office must run like a machine. So it was a pretty eventful day before I even stepped foot in the office.

I made it there right on time (whew!), but come to find out, that did not matter because I waited about 20 or so minutes before they called me back (the front office staff was very nice). I was in my room waiting on the nurse for another 15 or so minutes. She finally busted through the door (no knocking, no smiling) chewing on what was left of her lunch... I assume? They were running so far behind that a patient that was scheduled to go after me, had to go before me. In my mind I am thinking RED FLAG, RED FLAG-- but I worked so hard to get there so by gosh, this was going to happen.

As the nurse was injecting me she went under my eye and she became very concerned with whatever just went down and said that side was likely to bruise. Understood, I am no stranger to injections, fast forward one month later... Right where she was concerned about where I would bruise, I started swelling, and then that exact shape turned into a brown spot. Also, I developed very pronounced wrinkles--I looked liked I had aged five+ years or so. Something was very wrong. I posted my concern and pics on RealSelf.com and all the doctors who responded said what I was experiencing was not at all normal and to get a second opinion.

I had an appointment with my regular DC dermatologist that next week, so while I was there, I voiced my concerns. Clearly what was going down on my face was pretty severe because the very next day they had me in with the office's main dermatologist (who normally is booked two months out).

Her medical findings: lentigo (the brown spot and wrinkles that developed) and a tyndall effect (a blueish tint under my eyes). Even worse, I received a lengthy lecture in doing my research on who injects things into my face-- so you could see why I would not want to return to Cosmetic Surgery Associates. Thank goodness my dermatologist had the skills to correct what they left me with.

I was in communication with Cosmetic Surgery Associates for quite some time-- trying to get my $600 back. I did not ask for a refund for the $200 I had to pay to the dermatologist to fix my face or the money and time it took to get to their office. They denied me a refund so if this lesson has taught me anything-- do your research! Do NOT get your injections done here! They were given the opportunity to make this right and they chose not to. $600 is nothing to an office, that is everything to a person.

As someone who works in and has studied hospitality management, I am flabbergasted by this customer service. Again, that is six hundred dollars+ of wasted money and time. I should have known I was going to get such poor care with all of the promotional e-mails offering such steep discounts (you get what you pay for, right?).

Having referred patients to this office for surgical procedures, I will now be directing others elsewhere. I am of course saddened that I lost that amount of money, but I will make that back. Cosmetic Surgery Associates on the other hand, is still in an oversaturated Washington, DC market, and just lost a customer.

In short--do NOT go here for injectables-- your face deserves better! Best of luck!
Patrizia "Trish" DiFranco

Do NOT go here for injectables-- you deserve better care and your face deserves better!