28 Year Old Male

I don't know why, because I did a lot of research,...

I don't know why, because I did a lot of research, but I just discoverd this website after my nose job was done. I think because information about clinics and doctors is very hard to find in the Netherlands. You can not name doctors or clinics on several dutch websites. That's why I wanted to upload this review. If you are looking for a very good surgeon in the Netherlands, I can strongly recommend you Dr. Peter Lohuis. Not only is he a plastic surgeon but also a very specialized ENT doctor, which I think is very important when you want rhinoplasty. The functional aspects of the nose or as or maybe not more important than the visual appearance. I have had a big nose since my teenage years but as I guy a nose job is not the first thing that comes in mind, but for the last couple of years it began to get really strange shapes and I was getting trouble while breathing. I had a lot of cartilage and imo it was really a 'hooked' nose. I told my surgeon I didn't like the size of my nose but I also didn't want to end up with a small nose. Also the hump had to been reduced and the downfacing tip had to be turn up a little bit.
It's been almost 5 weeks since the surgery and I am already really satisfied with the outcome. There is still a significant amount of swelling, especially in the tip and nostrils, so my nose will still change over time. But as you all know, time is of great essence after rhinoplasty. Please, if you are from the Netherlands, or if you are planning to have rhinoplasty in the Netherlands, feel free to contact me.

All the best

3 months mark

Hey guys, here's my 3 months PO update. Just wanted to let you know that I'm still very pleased with the results. I like that my surgeon have left a slight hump on my nose. Tip is still quite hard and nostrils too, but the sensitivity is almost completely gone. Nose is getting more flexible. Had a few slight hits to the nose while partying and my kid (baby girl) did smashed it sometimes, so first I was concerned but during my scheduled 3 months meeting with my surgeon he ensured me nothing was happened and that my nose is very strong, almost as strong as it was before. Scar tissue will now begin to become softer after this point, but my nose will not drastically change any more. I have a lot of mucus crusts build up inside my nose, so every other day I will (gently) clean my nose with some q-tips. I hope this will go away eventually. I have not been picking my nose with my finger the day since surgery so that's a good thing haha. Now is the time that i'm not thinking about my nose during my daily activities so much. Please, if you have any questions feel free to ask and for all others out there have a good recovery! ;)

pictures

5 months

Swelling really shrunk last couple of weeks, made some pictures with flashlight on, couldn't believe it but the shape is actually still improving. Didn't take the effort to cover my eyes this time :).

More than a year

More than a year since surgery and still very happy with the results! No regrets and glad I made that choice.
Dr. Peter Lohuis

Bergman Clinics Bilthoven. Fantastic surgeon and a real expert in rhinoplasty. Would highly recommend this doctor to anyone who wants a nose job.