It Doesn't Get Better Than Dr. Sharpe! - Bellevue, WA

Dr. Sharpe truly is as good as it gets. I was...

Dr. Sharpe truly is as good as it gets. I was petrified of this procedure and waited WAY too long to do it. The first impression you get is of the office. WOW. It's like heaven. Everything is pure lily white, clean, and cool. Everyone there is insanely sweet and helpful and very calming, which is vital. Dr. Sharpe's informational video about lasik is incredibly detailed but if you're like I am--paranoid beyond any rational sense--they will schedule a time for you to talk directly to Dr. Sharpe. And if you can't find a time in your schedule, you can email him. He was so responsive and calmed my nerves entirely. You can and should do your homework when you're considering any type of surgery, especially to something as important as your eyes. What I found was that Dr. Sharpe came highly recommended and has done lasik for many of the Sounders' players. The SOUNDERS!? Come on. If it's good enough for a professional athlete, that's my bar. The day of the procedure they give you as much valium as you need but let me tell you, you don't need it. The anticipation is really all that affects you. The procedure is so quick, there wasn't really even enough time for the valium to kick in. He of course was again super calming, reassuring, and lets you take as much time as you need. Eventually I had to get it over with. The procedure is NOTHING! I'd do it again twice more if I had to! Your eyes are completely numb and it sort of just feels like you're in an intense eye exam. You feel the pressure of something pressing against your eye but it feels just like if you push on your closed eye with your palm. NBD. The laser is really just a light you look at. It's on, then it goes off, then it's on again. The second laser is the part that everyone says smells terrible. That is true. It smells a lot like burning hair or skin. But it's SECONDS. My strategy was not to breathe. So I held my breath while he did both of those lasers in seconds and then it was over. I could see immediately. It was a little blurry, but not really blurry, more like you're looking through a dirty window. My eyes were pretty dry for a couple of weeks but that was the only real discomfort. Here's the deal. I CAN SEE PERFECTLY. Wait! BETTER than perfectly! 20/15. Jelly? I know. Go get it done. WHAT are you waiting for?
Bellevue Ophthalmologist