Second Breast Reduction - 3 Weeks Post Op! - Bellevue, WA

I had a breast reduction in 2005, when I was 26...

I had a breast reduction in 2005, when I was 26 years old and am 3 weeks post op from my second. I had heard this was an extremely painful procedure, but I would say my pain level was never over a 5 out of 10. My surgery was an outpatient procedure and took approximately 6 hours, which my doctor said was longer than usual, due to excessive scar tissue from my prior breast reduction.

The biggest challenges I have found in my recovery so far have been discomfort from the surgical tape and Dermabond (I think I had an allergic reaction), poor appetite and difficultly sleeping due to the limited range of motion (back sleeping for 6 weeks!!). Getting dressed, doing your hair and putting on makeup is difficult since you can't have your elbows more than 12 inches away from your hip bone.

Three weeks post op, I feel 95% back to normal, however the arm restrictions are in effect for another few weeks. Even though they are not very pretty, I am happy with my results so far and have nothing but wonderful things to say about my surgeon (Dr Christine Nygaard) and her staff!
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

My experience with Dr Nygaard and her staff has been incredible. They have been so helpful and attentive beginning from my very first consultation. I started at a 40 G and ask to be a small C. Dr Nygaard listened to all of my concerns and answered all of my questions and I never once felt rushed when I was with her. I highly recommend her and if I were to ever need another procedure, I would no hesitate to go back to Dr Nygaard's office!