Facelift with Upper and Lower Eye Surgery. Belgium, BE

I was fed up with people saying I looked tired and...

I was fed up with people saying I looked tired and my sons always saying I looked grumpy. After reading on here about people's experiences and researching PS ,
I took the plunge. I chose Dr Plovier in Brussels. I .have to say the care from the minute I arrived at the station, travelled on Eurostar from London, was excellent.
The driver picked us up in a fab car and took us to the hotel which was arranged by the clinic. There was a small birthday party in the bar and everyone so friendly.
The driver picked me up at 5.45 am the next morning. Dr Plovier greeted me and went through everything that we had discussed at the consultation in Harley street.
I was give a concoction of tablets to take, shown to my lovely room. The surgery was about 4 and a half hours , I was back at the hotel by 6.30 pm that evening.

Day 3 post op

Kept head bandage on for the next day when driver picked me up to see dr plovier
The drains which were on each side of my head and under the skin had to be removed by the nurse. This wAs painful but over in a few seconds
PS gave me cream for bruises which has helped a bit, I have been applying to my left temple which was particularly bruised , I think the blood had seeped from the drain. PS assured me this bruise would go very quickly.
My face felt very tight and I had an odd apple shaped face. The stitches prevents from sleeping on the side anyway it is recommended you sleep sitting up with plenty of pillows.

Stitches and bruises around ears

The bad bruising which I believe
Was due to blood leaking from the drain.

SStitches taken out from front of ears

The only drawback from having my surgery abroad is having to get someone local to take the stitches out. Dr plovier recommended a nurse who is based very close to where I live which was great
She took the stitches out from front of my ears, the stitches at the back of the ears dissolve.
The nurse, Kim, recommended using eye ointment on scars as this softens the scabs which have formed it also contains an antibiotic. I managed to buy the ointment over the counter, it is actually for conjunctivitis .
Anyway the stitch removal was painless although the sides of my face are still quit numb. Kim had a facelift with the same PS in January, she looks fabulous and not a trace of any scars!! Made me feel better about my recovery to see such a good outcome.
I have to go back to work on Monday , bit worried that bruising and swelling still visible but I'm going to wear sunglasses...hope it's sunny!!

before and after photos

I am 6 weeks post op. Bruising has mostly gone , still a few scabs behind my ears and the sides of my face a bit numb.
I have had comments like, have you dyed your hair? You look different without your glasses or your skin looks good today ! People cant work out whats different about me!
Dr Plovier