Dorsal Hump No More, Hello Pretty Nose! Dr Plovier BeClinic - Belgium

I never liked my nose. It wasn't horrible, but it...

I never liked my nose. It wasn't horrible, but it had a dorsal hump that made my profile unattractive. I thought on and off for years about correcting it, but the thought of surgery changing my face was... too disturbing.

Things changed when I had to have medically-needed upper and lower jaw surgery, that did change my face, and caused my nose to unpleasantly widen, in front view. Now, the biggest hurdle - the fear of looking different, of "not being myself anymore" - was gone, and I wanted my nose at least back to its original width. While I was at it, I thought I might as well get that hump gone, and have a pretty, feminine nose. Natural looking, with a soft slope.

The procedure was all in all quite easy. The first few days post-op were distinctly unpleasant, with the cotton plugs up the nose, but once those were gone, it was much easier, and I was amazed how fast I could resume my social life once the cast was gone. In a couple of weeks, I looked about normal.

Now (1,5 years post-op), I can say in full confidence I'm quite happy with the results.
The width of the base of my nose has reduced, although not back to where I was pre-jaw surgery, which is a bit disappointing.
On the other hand, the side-view of my nose has MASSIVELY improved. At first, there was absolutely no hump left, just a cute, soft-slope feminine nose. As the healing went on, a very slight bump reappeared where the hump used to be - I would have preferred it didn't, but it's not really disturbing.

My nose is now pretty, feminine, and looks completely natural. All in all, I'm very pleased with the results, and I'm very happy I went on with the operation.

Pictures before & after

Dr Frank Plovier

Excellent experience. The entire staff at BeClinic is lovely, very helpful, and the place itself is very pleasant. The sole downside I could mention is the short time spent in the initial consultation by Dr. Plovier - it was short and to the point, while I was worried and hesitant and would have liked to talk much longer about what I wished for, the possible outcome, etc. Same for the pre-op visit, which was quite quick. But the results speak for themselves. Dr. Plovier knows what he's doing. Another plus side is that he's not pushing for extra procedures, he actually discouraged me from doing other things I was considering. Which came out as very professional, I felt like he cared about good results, and not potential extra money. All in all, I felt like I was in very good hands. I would absolutely recommend BeClinic.