Deep Chemical Peel To Treat Acne Scars - Beckenham, GB

I had a deep chemical peel last Wednesday (27th...

I had a deep chemical peel last Wednesday (27th July). It burned! But i handled it with the nurse holding my hand haha, only the last two minutes I started to feel really uncomfortable but then it was over!

Below are the pictures from the next morning, a little red with some white frosting, no pain at all, people seem to think its like sun burn, It can't be more different, no pain just feels very very tight! My face has really swollen up too and I couldn't open my mouth much but again not painful.

Day 3

I became much redder and brown! Have a very huge face too! That for me was the worst part, eating was hard!

Day 4

Let the peeling begin! started around the chin and my nose first, not a bad experience, a little itchy.

Day 6

By Monday most of my skin has peeled off and I could talk/ eat normally again! :D Pictures show the difference between day 3 and day 6, a pretty quick recovery I think!

Day 7

Last bits to peel off - I didn't leave the house all week, you can see why! I'd get some looks in my direction I think!

The difference

Here are pictures before and 7 days after the deep chemical peel. I can see a little bit of a difference, so there has been a slight impact :)

These photos show before (right) and after (left )taken on 8/10/2016 so its been just over two months since I had my peel done.

As you can see my skin is still a lot smoother than before but my gosh I'm breaking out everywhere!!!!! I can't use anything on my face that i used to use to keep my acne at bay so my skin has gone really down hill. Feels like I'm just going to go around in a circle and get more scars :(

But...these photos do show some difference still so its not all bad.

I would advice not to get a peel if your acne is still very much active like mine! As I still feel like my skin is awful and it really affects my confidence.

Roll on December when I can finally use my normal face wash and masks!
Dr Bashir

Can't fault him or his nurse!