Do I Need an Extended Tummy Tuck? - BC, Canada

I had a tummy tuck and breast reduction/lift done...

I had a tummy tuck and breast reduction/lift done on Nov 2, 2010. I am not happy with my side (hips) area after surgery. The plastic surgeon had original planned on extending the tummy tuck incision to wrap around my hips to address that loose skin on the sides (extended tummy tuck) and do some lipo as well, but at the last minute (literally while I was being marked before surgery) decided that it was best to just do the incision in the front area (full tummy tuck) without lipo. I am not 100% happy with the results because of it, but the surgeon tells me that it is just my perception of my body after surgery that is skewed and that if it weren’t my sides, it would be something else that I am unhappy about. I was told that they could email my pictures to ANY plastic surgeon and they would say the same thing to me. That my results are amazing and my surgery was done the best possible way for my body type. That got me to thinking...maybe I should ask another plastic surgeon about my results, and amd that brought me here!

Would you please view my pictures and give me your opinion? I feel that the “job” wasn’t completed with my tummy tuck. If that incision would have been extended to address the sides, I think that I would be much happier. The plastic surgeon told me that if the incision were to have been extended, I would end up with “balls on my back the size of oranges”, and I was also told that I am not a candidate for a circumferential tummy tuck (lower body lift) because I don’t have excess skin on my back. Please let me know what you think, and if anything should be done to improve my results. I am happy with almost everything, but that extra skin on my sides and love handle area. I look forward to hearing your expert opinions.

Not helpful after the fact.