Surgery Scheduled for July 5th, 2016 with Dr. Mehta

So I just scheduled a consultation with Dr. Umang...

So I just scheduled a consultation with Dr. Umang Mehta for Septo/Rhinoplasty. Originally, I was going to do this procedure with Kaiser since it would cost me way less but I just didn't feel comfortable with that doctor, I was treated like "just another patient". After extensive research for plastic surgeons, I came across Dr. Umang Mehta. I emailed his office to see if he accepted Kaiser Insurance and they called back and told me he did not. I told her I wasn't interested because I wanted something more affordable but after thinking, I emailed right back and told her I did want a consultation. The reason I called back is because, from what I read, Dr. Umang Mehta is a rhinoplasty expert with amazing, natural looking results. I figured that this is something on my face, and making sure I have a beautiful outcome is a MUST. If he can give me that, then every penny would be worth it. If you have had work done by Dr. Umang Mehta, could you please share your experience and whether or not you would recommend him? Please please please get back to me and let me know. I'd really appreciate it. I am so nervous but this is something I've wanted done for years.

working with the price.

Thank you for everyone who messaged me about their experience with Dr. Mehta... I really appreciate it!
I went to the consultation on April 11th and I do think I'll end up having Dr. Mehta be my surgeon. He just made me feel so comfortable... He didn't have that stereotypical plastic surgeon attitude that some people talk about on this site, he didn't make me feel insecure about my apparance in any way, he overall seemed like a very caring Doctor. I told him how I was talking to one of his patients and he totally remembered her by name and said her results were beautiful. I thought that was sweet considering he probably goes through many patients yet is able to remember them by their name. One thing I really like about him was he shows 3 different morphes; the first one is very subtle... It was just a smaller, improved version of the nose I already have, and the second and third were just gradually getting more dramatic. I really loved the first one because I'm not looking for a huge difference, just to "fix" what I don't like. I think he could really give me the results I want; while also fixing the breathing issues I have. My only concern was the price... The price is over $10,000 for the whole procedure... Is this a typical price for septo-rhinoplasty? I have Kaiser insurance so I can't get it covered by insurance and there's no way I would trust their doctor to do the procedure after reading his reviews.

All set for surgery...

I'm all set for surgery... Pre op went okay, I was so nervous I couldn't say much, didn't help that my mom was also really nervous. But she really liked Dr. Mehta and saw that he really knows what he's talking about. I can't stop thinking about the surgery and feeling extremely nervous. I have faith in my doctor but I just never gone through a surgery like this, I can't wait till it's over. I'll post pics after surgery

Cast off!

Today has been a rollar coaster of emotions... I went in at 11:30am to get my cast, splints, and stitches out. I had so much anxiety just driving to my appointment; over the pain is experience and also the huge fear of hating my new nose. At the moment of getting the splints and stitches out, I wish I took a norco cause the pain was so bad! The splints were more so uncomfortable but the stitches... OMG. It felt like some slowly pulling out your nose hairs one by one lol He was super gentle but I guess there was no way around the pain. The second he showed me my nose... I felt like crying. I looked so weird and different, didn't help that I still have swelling and bruising around my eyes. My fiancé who brought me was sitting there smiling telling me I looked beautiful but I didn't believe him one bit. My tip was super high as well... I just hated it at the moment... Dr Mehta assured me the swelling and tip would go down and I was experiencing something all rhinoplasty patients go through. I was given tape and scar gel and sent home. On the car ride, I kept examining my nose at all angles. This may sound crazy but I feel like my nose already has drastically changed since getting the cast off a couple hours ago. My profile is beautiful even though the tip is super high, I can tell the tip will slowly go down. It's everything I've wanted for my profile, the front is super swollen but already looks better. I basically wanted a smaller, more refined version of my original nose (I still wanted to look like me and my ethnicity) and I think he gave me that. I was so afraid of my mom seeing me because she was so emotional about this whole thing but right when she saw me, she gasped and told my how beautiful I looked. She said she can totally tell I'm swollen especially from the front and tip but can already tell it will become perfect. I can't stop taking pictures of my profile, I'm in awe over it!! I can't wait till it looks more healed and bruising is gone so I can get dolled up and put some makeup on
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

I am 100% satisfied with my results from Dr. Mehta. Going through surgery is scary, but I'm soooo glad I went through with it, despite all the anxiety I felt before (and during recovery). Dr. Mehta never makes you feel as if he's too busy for you. I had an accident and hurt my nose about 3 weeks after surgery and he let me come to see him to make sure everything was okay. He is also on top of his emails- I email him over any concern I have and he replies that same day or early morning. I'm still healing as I am one month post op but I'm already loving my results. So natural yet huge improvement.