28 Year Old Wants to Improve Jawline - Baton Rouge, LA

I found Dr. Guillot thanks to RS and I am so glad...

I found Dr. Guillot thanks to RS and I am so glad I did. I went in for a first consultation a month ago and then another one last week. Dr Guillot was incredibly patient with me and explained everything I would need. This is something I thought about long and hard but because I'm 28 yo and I recrnt gained weight. I am super excited. I'm getting ultherapy after tomorrow will update then. Scheduling was a breeze and they did all they could to accommodate me.

Figured I need to post some pre treatment photos

as you can see it is mostly my profile. I look fine straight on.

So I did it!

So there was a scheduling error at the oaks at goodwood. The day that they scheduled me for was unavailable. Which they said they tried to call me the day before to cancel but I never received a call. I showed up on the day of treatment only to be told that I could get the ultherapy. They did however accommodate me to do the treatment on a Saturday.The ultherapy ended up being done by Dr. Feldman.
I arrived and since dr Feldman wasn't the one who did my consultation he did another one and warned me that I wouldn't look like a movie star afterwards? I thought that was weird. But he was realistic and honest. Which I appreciate. He explained to me that ultherapy is causing the epidermis to create more collagen by taking the ultrasound hear and damaging the. Skin 4.5 mm and 2.5 mm for best results.I'll take brutal honesty over that sugar coated stuff any day. Elie is wonderful. I don't think I would have gone through after the scheduling fiasco had it not been for her.

Continued

So for the treatment. Elie gave me some face wash and a washcloth to wash my face. She then gave me 4 aleves for the pain. She shortly thereafter gave me a gown to put on and she put some numbing cream on my face and neck. I couldn't feel my lips. She took some before pics.Dr Feldman came into the room with 2 people he was training for the procedure.

So then it began. it was painful I won't lie. It felt like little hot needles poking me over and over. You get 40 "pokes" per 5 cm square. So I had a total of 633 for my half my face and neck. Every time it hit a bone (around the jaw) or a nerve (in my neck) I wanted to die. My cheeks were not as sensitive. I have a cavity so every time we got around there it hurt. The 4.5 mm more than the 2.5.

Right before

One week post

A week post I am extremely swollen. It looks worse than before. I guess it will get ugly before it gets better.

Disapointed

So, I ma almost a year post and I never really got any results :-(. My face felt firmer at first with the ulthera but a less than a year later, it feels like I never did anything. I was told that the results would last 5 years as long as I don't gain any weight , that never happened. I am broken hearted because this "non invasive" procedure was very invasive and excruciatingly painful. I'm thinking, since what I really wanted was a more defined jaw line, Ulthera and mesotherapy were not the best options for me despite what I have been told. When a different Dr., Dr Feldman did my ulthera, before the procedure he gave me a 10mn speech about having realistic expectations and told me that in case the mesotherapy and the ulthera didn;t work to come see him for laser lipo. I think he was just trying to tell me that I wouldn't get the results I wanted frm this procedure but it was the day of the procedure, I was already numbed and nervous and so it never clicked, but now it makes perfect sense. if firming your face is what you are trying to achieve, I wouldn't recommend the ulthera or mesotherapy. All this pain and the results were extremely temporary, two months tops I would say? So I am back at square one... looking for another solution and a different DR. this time :-(
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Guillot was really nice but somewhat dismissive. His recommendation to improve my jawline didn't work for me.