Athletic and Petite, 5 Kids Some Skin Needed to Go. Baton Rouge, LA

Being an athlete all my life and staying in shape...

Being an athlete all my life and staying in shape before and after 5 pregnancies, the stretched stomach skin still remained. I am a 41 year old petite, 5'0 and 115 lbs. mom. I was very self conscious of my stomach skin and wasn't very confident in having it show. I knew it was something I wanted to do but also knew if was also elective. I thought about it for 20 years. I am glad I waited because I had 3 more kids since the first time it came to mind. The methods and procedures have also come a long way as well. I am very happy so far with my results. I am only 25 days post op and I feel good. I play club level tennis and was released to start playing this week at only 21 days post op. Also, to start jogging if I wanted. It was a little hard getting back into it but all was well. It felt great to start being active again. The procedure itself wasn't as bad as I have read others describe it. I am not sure if it is because I was in shape and active throughout my life that helped me. My doctor doesn't give his patients drains. I really liked that he didn't. There was no need for them. I would see him once a week and he would extract the fluid if it was necessary. I also did what my doctor recommended about moving around while being in recovery and not be too sedentary. But, of course it is almost impossible for me to stay still anyways. I was doing small chores around my house day 5 post op. Of course I did it slowly but kept myself mobile. I bounced back rather quickly. Again, I am surprised at how fast I was able to do that after this procedure. The only pain that I ever had was from my back the first 2 weeks from being hunched over. I never had any stomach pains. I had a wonderful doctor who is really awesome at what he does.
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Wade is a very professional Doctor who answers all of your questions or concerns in detail. He cares about making you comfortable. He always exceeds my expectations from a doctor. His staff are all wonderful and nice. Their office is very welcoming and I have never waited longer than 5 minutes. They are all very professional and courteous. Everyone there always makes you feel comfortable while being there. I really like the fact that he doesn't give his patients drains after the procedure. I also like that he keeps up with newer ways to do things. Thank you very much to Dr. Wade and all of his staff for making my procedure a comfortable and great experience.