41 Years Old with 20 Year Old Implants, Heath issues

I had 450 cc saline under the muscle for 16 years...

I had 450 cc saline under the muscle for 16 years and had them replaced with silicone 525cc over the muscle 4 years ago. I have had severe fatigue and joint pain. I was also diagnosed with Hashimoto thyroiditis about 10 yrs ago. I was referred to rheumatologist 2 years ago and have tested positive for ANA and also test showed some centromere pattern antibodies which means CREST syndrome. Dr. can't say if implants cause them and I'm not taking my chances. I want them OUT! My left breast hurts a lot and working out has become difficult. Tired of having these implants in the way. My husband supports me 100 percent so I'm very thankful for that. I'm scheduled tomorrow for explant and Mastoplexy (anchor breast lift) I have read so many stories on this sight and it has helped me so much that I want to share my journey as well. Keep me in your prayers :)

2 day post op update

It's been 2 days since my explant and lift. I haven't seen them yet but get to take a shower tomorrow and take off bra and bandages so hopefully pics from post op. I'm uploading pics from before explant with 525cc gel silicone. Dr. said no ruptures but did say i didn't have as much body fat as he thought so they are small. I'm totally ok with that because i'm a workout fanatic. I took 1 pain pill the first night after surgery and haven't needed anything else. They said i could take ibuprofen but i don't even need that. I feel really good and love that i don't have the heaviness on my chest. I feel funny posting nude pics so yes i covered up my nipple. I don't know why but that makes me feel better lol Will hopefully post after pics tomorrow.

5 weeks since explant and anchor lift and couldn't be happier!!

I finally decided to post pictures. I honestly couldn't have made it thru this without all of the amazing stories and pictures from all of you ladies. I was hesitant about posting pictures just because it freaks me out putting a picture of my boobs on the internet. :) i decided to post because looking at all of the pictures helped prepare me for what my outcome would or could become. The surgery itself was pretty easy. I only took 1 pain pill the first night. it was tough sleeping on my back but by night 5 i was used to it. i have lost 6 pounds since surgery day. (2.5 was implant) Dr. said capsule was very thin so it was not removed. He said i didn't have as much breast tissue as he thought but i'm still ok with what i have left. have gone from a 34DD to 34B. i ran for the first time yesterday and it felt amazing!!! I'm ready to get back to my regular workout. Healing has been great. I started using scar cream at 4 weeks.

It's been 4 months since my explant and lift

I can't even explain how happy I am since my explant and lift. I have never felt better and working out feels soooooo good!!! I was a little nervous about swimsuit shopping because i was so worried I wouldn't feel sexy and curvy. well i must say that I love the fact that I can wear cheap swimsuit tops now. i came home with my first 2 swimsuits and tried them on for my husband and daughter and they both said that WOW you look so much better. My husband said I've never looked healthier. I love working out and not having my boobs fall out of every top I wear. I also love that i don't have to double bra to go run. I love not feeling so heavy up top. So thankful for this sight to have read so many stories before my explant that really gave me the courage to do it. I hate posting pictures like this on the internet and usually don't leave them up for very long cause it just makes me uncomfortable but I know how much the pictures have helped me so i would like to return the favor.
Dr. Michael Teague