Full Tummy Tuck and Partial Hysterectomy

Today I am 5 weeks post op - it's been a whirlwind...

Today I am 5 weeks post op - it's been a whirlwind of emotion and a variety of boredom, tv watching and boredom !

I ended up having a partial hysterectomy at the same time as my Tuck. I really didn't want to go through two recoveries and still feel that was the best choice for me. Having said that I think my recovery has taken longer than most but that is to be expected.

It's been a crazy 5 weeks with lots of tv watching and simply boredom but that's ok it will end soon. That has been the hardest part for me the doing nothing. The discomfort and pain was definitely more than what I bargained for but I'm over the hump of it all and on my way to mending. I still have a lot of tightness and at times can't stand fully straight but I look forward to a complete recovery soon.

Scars

Here are some pics of my scar. They are healing really well

The 6 week point

Today marks 6 weeks. Still have swelling but it has been the last week where I'm starting to feel normal. Ladies you need 4 weeks of complete rest - around the 5 th week before our can start doing normal stuff.

This has been far more crazy than I thought or expected. I went through the same as many have such as the " why did I do this " and feeling a little down because I couldn't do much at the 3 week mark despite thinking I could. It's a big long recovery and I think people need to know this and expect 4 weeks

7 weeks

Each week gets better. Swelling is much better and trying to hard to. Or wear compression garments but now my skin is ultra sensitive from being wrapped up all the time. Now everything is itchy grrrr.

Scar is better of course - can't wait for the red to resolve.

11 weeks

Well it's been 11 weeks still recovering I'm still tender in spots when I touch certain areas and it hurts to cough and sneeze. Can't wait for the recovery to end. Even getting up and turning in bed can be painful at times

Wow how far I've come

Here we are 21 weeks in and life is really normal. It's been quite the recovery. I'm still itch in my spots and the incision pink but I'm happy the recovery is over.
Banff Plastic Surgeon

Let me start by saying Dr McLennan has been amazing and im even more amazed by my procedure with each day that passes. The staff at the clinic were amazing and I would not go anywhere else in the future. I also like having the procedure in a real hospital with the ability to stay until it's the right time to go home