Happy with my Decision (Rhino/Septo) - Baltimore, MD

After actually scheduling the surgery, my own...

After actually scheduling the surgery, my own nerves took over. During the pre-op appointment, I was given a pre-op"manual" and a nurse walked me through what I should do to prepare, what the surgery day will be like and what I could expect in my recovery phase. I was also given a pack of vitamins with serve as a homeopathic way to prime your body for surgery and recovery. I think these vitamins may have been my saving grace because I recovered so quickly without ANY bruising at all.

In hindsight, Rhinoplasty recovery was NOT BAD. Maybe because I was vigilant with my icing and vitamin regimen but I never had any bruising or excessive swelling. Never once was I in extreme pain, just uncomfortable because I couldn't breathe. By the end of the week I wanted to rip the hard case and tape off my nose. Stitches, cast and tape were removed by a nurse 7 days post-op and then I had to return later in the week for follow up with Dr. Byrne.

I am so happy with the results. Anyone reading this understands the doubts you have about getting a rhinoplasty done and I laugh thinking how worried I was. I am still a bit swollen in the tip and I know that will take time to resolve but I am still very happy. I've gotten great, positive feedback. I think my FAVORITE part of the outcome is that I still look like myself!

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

My experience with Dr. Byrne has been great. I came across him through a simple internet search and was "wowed" with his credentials. He furthered my confidence in him as a surgeon after thoroughly answering my questions through the consultation phase. My father and I asked him some tough questions and he handled it well, even admitting the percentage of patients who are down right unhappy with his result. I believe he said 90% are truly happy with the result. I came to him with a reasonable goal in mind, all the while wanting the end result to look natural and compliment my other features. He was genuine and honest with me and I actually walked away trusting him with my face. Huge deal! A con is that he relies heavily on his staff and sometimes dealing with them was frustrating at times because they are so busy but overall I must say the scheduling and payment process went fairly smoothly. However, when ever I left a message, my call was returned same day. On the day of surgery, there were no surprises and I was thankful for that. Staff was calm and I was at ease. I had time to speak to Dr. Byrne before the surgery which was very necessary because I had not actually spoken/sat down with him since the consult. He straight up asked me what I wanted accomplished that day, I told him, and he was attentive. The rest is history. Recovery staff made me very comfortable in my post-op state and Dr. Byrne came by to reassure me he was able to accomplish our goals and that I would be pleased with the result. (which always makes you feel good when you're in that anesthesia cloud). I highly recommend Dr. Byrne to anyone considering getting a rhinoplasty. Go in with a realistic outcome in mind and you will not be disappointed.