21 Yrs Old, Labiaplasty and Clitoral Hood Reduction. - Baltimore, MD

I have always wanted this surgery and finally was...

I have always wanted this surgery and finally was able to afford to pay for the surgery on my own. Dr. Boyle in Baltimore, Maryland performed my surgery on Feb. 11, 2015. It is now Feb. 13, 2015 and I am doing great! The first day I was in the most pain, I think it is because I had a two hour drive home and then had to wait another hour for my pharmacy to fill my pain medication. The swelling is already starting to go down and the bruising is also going down. I have been taking it pretty easy but have gotten up probably 5-6 times a day. I have been drinking a lot of water to help keep the acid level down in my urine and honestly peeing hasn't caused me any pain. After I pee I run water over the area to make sure it is clean. Each day I have been cleaning it with peroxide and then applying aquaphor so that the stitches don't get itchy. I can already tell I am going to love the results of the surgery, which makes me super excited! I have off work until Wednesday (five more days off) but at this point I think I might be able to go back sooner. Belecara (the office I had my surgery done through) gave me a bunch of healing supplements that I take multiple times a day to help my healing process. Dr. Boyle and her team were so comforting and easy to work with. It was a great experience for me!

10 days post op.

I am now 10 days post op and feel great. I returned to work on the 6th day after my surgery, but took things very slow. I am a dental hygienist so I sit for the most of the day which helps. I have been feeling great. 6 or 7 of my stitches fell out but the skin was already healed together and I called my doctor and they explained it was normal. My swelling is practically gone and my pain level has been a 0 for awhile now. I am so happy I had such an easy recovery and that I was able to return to work on time! This surgery with Dr. Boyle has really been a great experience.
Dr. Karen Boyle

Dr. Boyle came in for my consultation and talked the whole procedure out with me to make sure I didn't leave with any questions. The morning on the surgery she came into the room after I had gotten my IV and went over the procedure again to make sure we were still on the same page. This is a very big deal because of the area she is working on and I can tell she took her time and listened to exactly what I wanted. I'm so glad I made the 2 hour drive to work with her, she's awesome!