Mexico Bariatric Gastric Sleeve Surgery with Dr. illan - Mexico, MO

For anyone interested in having bariatric surgery...

For anyone interested in having bariatric surgery in Mexico, I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND Baja Bariatrics with the surgeon Dr. illan.

When I booked my surgery, I looked at several surgeons. I wanted to get it done relatively quickly so I wouldn't talk myself out of it or have nightmares for months prior to going. I was able get financing through a personal loan place online called The Lending Club through credit karma which is who we use to monitor our credit.  I ended up going alone because my friend had to work. And my husband had to stay behind to work and take care of our kids. All the website information that I saw kept saying "gas pains" and I didn't want that much flatulence around anyone anyway. Lol

I decided on dr. illan because he is a trauma surgeon and has the experience I felt my kids deserved in the event, God forbid, something went wrong during the surgery. He also works a few days a week as an Emergency Room surgeon in a large local hospital in Mexico. His pricing was comparable to others and he didn't do 4+ surgeries a day. Mine was actually the only surgery the day I had mine which made me feel like the center of attention. Lol The Facebook group also greatly helped answer a ton of my questions. I had been on bariatricpal but it took forever to get questions answered because it was a forum, and I didn't find out about this page until a month after I had surgery.

My surgery was on April 1st, and I have officially lost 60 lbs. Attached to this post are pictures from my trip, pictures of progress and things I use and live by that have helped me with this whole process.

My beginning weight was 246
Surgery weight was 236
When I weighed myself at the hotel I was back at 246 (swelling, fluids, water retention- I'm guessing)
My current weight is 186
I am 5`7".
and I am 27 years young

happy pants <3

This photo was taken today. I was 61.4 lbs down this am... right before I squished into the jeans. :) I haven't been able to fit in a size 13 since 10 years ago! My senior year in high school. I am having stalls every other week but the weeks I'm losing weight, I'm losing .4-1.2 lbs per day :)

I made a Facebook group today called
Mexico Gastric and Bariatric Surgery with Dr. Illan AND Support Group

Please feel free to join!!

that time if the month

I've noticed I'm hitting a stall the week I have my period. I had a nightmare the other night, about my sleeve, but awoke to find that I was, if course, perfectly fine. :)
I am now 65.2 lbs down. I'm losing .5-1.2 lbs per day until I started my period today. I've been taking one water pill per week. I'm going to take another tonight because I feel bloated. I drink a ruin off water though, so I'm not worried about getting enough in. I bought a bunch of snack foods to help when leaving the house. Some are a little high in carbs, but I eat more carbs than this when I bring nothing with me.

I've got some photos from this week :)

photos 65.2 lbs gone forever- Mexico Gastric Sleeve

My photos wouldn't attach for some reason to my most recent update.

6 months!!!!!! ahhhhhh!

It has been almost 6 months since I decided to change my life for the better. On April 1st, 2014, I decided to have the gastric sleeve surgery in Tijuana, Mexico. I have focused on my nutrition, changed my bad eating habits and stayed consistent with working out. I have officially disappeared a whole 76.6 lbs!! I've gone from a size 22 (barely fitting) jeans to a size 12, 44DD bra to 36DD, 3-4x shirts to large.

I'm 27 years old and and I have three kids. I've always been one of the younger moms in the stands because my step son is 11 years old. Other baseball & football moms that were almost twice my age could've kicked my butt at any athletic task. I hated stairs, my knees hurt, forget running, bending over to pick something up was out of the question. I was overweight and I felt like I was "old" and incapable.

Since I had the surgery,
I now play indoor soccer
Dr. Jalil Illan Fraijo