My chin was never been huge or distracting at all...

My chin was never been huge or distracting at all but I've always liked shorter, more feminine chins. I had been wanting a subtle change of look and this was the one thing that I wasn't that happy about my appearance.
I decided to do some research and found a doctor with the right credentials and went ahead with it. When I googled him I found good reviews but it was mostly for rhinoplasty, I only found 2 reviews for genio and they were positive.
I made it very clear that the goal of the surgery was to reduce the vertical height of my chin. He told me he could take quite a bit of bone and also add some projection. I've never had a problem with my chin's projection but he showed me how it would look in the computer and the change was subtle and looked good so I agreed to it. One thing people need to keep in mind is that your profile can look good with added projection but how it will look from the front is a completely different story. He only showed me how my profile would look. Also, he didn't ask me to get X Rays done.

When I woke up from the surgery I felt like I was hit by a bus but a few hours later I did feel a lot better. I kept reading about people being out and about, feeling great and with almost no swelling after a week or 2... What?! let me tell you something, they must be super healers because my experience was completely different. I looked like a circus freak for 10 days and it took me 4 weeks to look and feel a little bit more like old myself. They did not warn me I was going to swell up like a balloon and look like a real life monster for that long. Every time I looked in the mirror my stomach would drop, it was really shocking. Even now (it's been over 5 weeks since the procedure) my chin feels stiff and I can't eat with my mouth closed which is super embarrassing (it is getting better as the weeks go by thank God). I didn't know the recovery was going to be this brutal, I couldn't close my lips for 3 weeks, even now I struggle to eat hard food and take ages to finish a meal. Forget about kissing, it's getting better but come on! All this suffering to look worse? My chin looks significantly longer than before and looks like it was pasted on my face depending on the lighting. I think that adding projection made it longer, theres no other explanation, he said he took some bone out but not as much.
I'm not disclosing the name of the doctor right now because a tiny part of me has hope that in a few months when all the swelling is gone it will look decent. I already know I'm not going to look better but if I end up with a chin I can live with that would make me so happy, I don't want to go under the knife again. Unfortunately the reality is that most likely I will be needing a revision, maybe the technique where the contour your chin burring it down would help my case. I'm already looking for the best doctors when it comes to chin reduction. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Sorry for the typos above

This was written on my mobile!

Seeing some progress...

It's been 6 weeks since surgery and while I still regret doing it, I can see the swelling (very) slowly but steadily subsiding. I see small changes as the weeks go by and I'm starting to feel more like myself. My doctor wasn't kididng when he said the swelling would take several months to go down... I am 99% sure it will not be any shorter than my original chin, which was the whole point of the surgery, but if in a few months when the rest of the swelling resolves I end up with the same length I had I will literally cry of happiness, throw a party and never ever mess with it again.
Will disclose later

He is a good surgeon and a nice person however the goals of the surgery weren't achieved and as of now I look worse than before.